✨ Part 10 ✨

Gupta Residence.
Payash's Room.

Payal sat on the bed lost in thought. She didn't know what to do to help Anjali. Deep down even though she was enjoying the attention everyone was giving her, she did notice the envy and anger in Anjali's eyes and she knew she and her pregnancy was the cause of it. She has a high risk pregnancy and since the doctor said she shouldn't be stressed under any circumstances, her husband, father on law and brother in law and even Akshat whom she loved as a brother before the revelation had made her their priority. Anjali use to be everyone's priority but since her marriage to Akash, she Payal had replaced Anjali as everyone's top priority and even Nani and Mami has now started caring more about her than Anjali. Payal knew Anjali feels she is losing or has lost everyone to her.

And now the decision of Akshat will break an already broken and resentful Anjali.

Flashback begins.

After dinner all of the Raizadas retired to their rooms leaving the Guptas in the hall.

"Babuji...... What was Papa like? " Akshat asked Shashi who smiled remembering his late little brother.

"He was an honest and upright just like you.... He was also the rebellious one and no one could tame him until your mother came into the picture...... It was love at first sight and they both fought to overcome any hindrance in their lives and had the three of you..... In short not only do you look like Mahesh, you have his exact attitude...... And your mother was just like your Khushi and Payal. " Shashi said.

"How I wish I knew them personally..... They may be the coolest people ever right? " Akshat asked no one in particular.

"They were..... Papa was the coolest father but maa was quite strict...... And when ever we got in to trouble papa and babuji were always there to save us which always made maa furious but all papa had to do was prepare jalebi for her and voila..... She mellows. " Khushi said dramatically making everyone laugh.

After that there was a moment of silence until Shashi spoke.

"Akshat? "

"Yes babuji. "

"Payal told me about the circumstances surrounding your marriage to Anjali...... And I have noticed you don't love her...... So why are you both still in this marriage? " Shashi asked and Akshat sighed.

"I have always been honest to Anjali about my feelings and have given her so many opportunities to be the one to file for divorce but she had refused..... I wouldn't have suggested the marriage if the scandal wouldn't affect a delicate case I was working on..... But she is stubborn and has refused to file for the divorce.... So I have decided to be the one to file for it...... I can't live or continue to stay with such a toxic woman. " Akshat revealed making Payal gasp making everyone look at her.

"Bhai..... You can't divorce Anjali..... She will break..... I know she is cunning and manipulative but she can change.... If you divorce her now she will be hurt. " Payal exclaimed.

"And what about bhai..... Do you want him to be chained to Anjali without any love..... If they don't divorce now.... With time they will both begin to resent each other..... I know the real reason you are worried is because she will blame us for her failed marriage...... And that's what toxic people like her do..... They will never admit their mistakes but always find new victims and blame their mistakes on someone else...... Bhai is taking the right decision..... And I will support him. " Khushi said in support of Akshat who mouth a thank you but Payal who was still not convinced was about to retort when the voice of Akash stopped her.