✨Part 5✨

Arnav kept on staring at Khushi but then after a while he realised the look on Khushi's face was pure disgust and anger which hurt him deep down but he knew he deserved that and more.
Their exchange didn't go unnoticed by all who didn't know what to do, Akshat then broke the ice by moving closer to Khushi and extended his hand to Khushi which broke her reverie.

"Hi.... Am Akshat Jindal..... Anjali's husband.... You must be the famous Khushi. " Akshat said but neither did Khushi respond or shake his hand but she was staring at him.

Payal moved closer to her big sister knowing what she was thinking.

"Jiji.... He is introducing himself and here you are being rude and not responding. " Payal whispered breaking Khushi's reverie.

"Am sorry..... It's just that you look so much like someone I know that all.... Nice to meet you Akshatji." Khushi replied and shook his hand.

"I know that special person is your father but am in no way related to you...... I happen to be a doppelganger that all.... Payal is like a little sister to me and so if you don't mind can I be your brother?" Akshat asked with a smile and Payal with a huge smile and a folded hands begged her sister to agree making a puppy face which made everyone chuckle including Khushi but excluding Anjali who frown at it and Mami who was busy dusting invisible dirt from her saree. This didn't go unnoticed by Khushi who with her past experiences and the resentment she feels for some Raizadas made her deny.

"Am sorry but I can't be your sister or friend or anything else..... Because you wife is clearly not happy and the frown on her face is proof of it(everyone turned to a shocked Anjali who changed her expression but it was too late as everyone had already seen it) And secondly I don't want to be accused of being a backward girl, gold digger, characterless and a slut..... I let those words pass in the past but if I hear it again.... I won't spare anyone..... I would have happily agreed if you hadn't been a member of this family but since you are I just can't...... I know you are a good man but I have to decline. " Khushi said as a matter of fact and everyone understood that she hasn't forgiven them.

"Don't think like that Khushi bitiya..... We will never think that way about you. " Nani said and Mami spotting an opportunity to be in the good books of Akshat support her mother in law.

"Hello hi bye bye..... Sasuma is right.... We love you and miss you especially Arnav bitwa."

Everyone could see into the hypocrisy of Mami and all cringed at it except Khushi who fumed in anger at the hypocrisy of Nani and Mami and what ticked her off most was the mention of Arnav's name.

" You two are just shameless and cheap. " Khushi exclaimed in disgust earning gasps in return. " Years ago when your so called grandson here told you about what I told him about your so called beloved damadji Shyam.... You Mrs Devyani Singh Raizada (pointing to a shocked Nani) was the first to insult me calling me a backward girl and your gold digging daughter in law here (pointing to Mami who was fidgeting with her saree for being called out) supported you  by calling me a slut and a gold digger when she was nothing but a low class maid who trapped her employer's son..... So please spare me your hypocrisy..... It doesn't suit you. " Khushi exclaimed in disgust and anger as Nani, Mami and Arnav felt ashamed and shocked about how Khushi knew this. The others excluding Manohar were shocked and disgusted by this new revelation. Anjali who was fuming as according to her Khushi was being disrespectful and her audacity to insult them and she wasn't having none it and was about to make a mistake by reprimanding her not knowing the consequences won't be good.