✨ Part 27 ✨

Mohini sat in disbelief as Preeto told her about Akshat being the long lost brother of Khushi and Payal and how he was abandoned at the orphanage by Garima and Madhumati. And about Khushi and Arnav's marriage and pregnancy.

"I can believe it...... I just thought you looked like Mahesh but never thought you were really their son..... Well am happy my Preeto is in love with my son... Because your sisters are like my daughters so that makes you my son. " Mohini said and pinched Akshat's cheeks and he smiled liking the lady sitting beside him.

"What about me? " Arnav asked a little bit jealous because he was  grateful to her for taking care of Khushi in their past life.

Mohini looked at Arnav with a narrow eyes making Arnav shift uncomfortably in his chair and Khushi and the others giggled seeing this.

"You can only be my son after you marry Khushi properly. " Mohini said and Arnav uttered his signature what the.

"Am supposed to be your first son because am Khushi's husband and therefore had more rights to be your son than Akshat here. " Arnav said twitching his mouth in annoyance.

"Wow..... I never knew ASR was that dumb. " Mohini taunted.

"What the! " Arnav uttered in shock that someone call him dumb. The others and Mohini laughed at Arnav at his inability to recognize when someone was just joking and he turned and glared at them.

"I called you dumb because you can't differentiate between a joke and real talk. " Mohini snickered and that's when Arnav realised she was just teasing him and he felt embarrassed.

Everyone laughed at his expression.

"Well I will take my leave now and talk to priest to set a date for the engagement and wedding. " Mohini said breaking their reverie.

"Aunt..... I thought you were going to stay here with us. " Khushi exclaimed in sadness and shock while looking at Preeto.

"Sorry Khushi..... I can't stay here.... But don't worry Preeto can stay here if she wants to and I promise to visit when I get time. " Mohini said but still the young couples weren't happy.

"Preeto must go with you because it's not right for her to stay here when she is getting married to Akshat soon...... Isn't that right Nani? ...... After all it's tradition" Anjali said looking at her Nani thinking she will support her.

The others glared at her for what she said and so did Mohini who didn't like her because she gave her bad vibes.

"I don't give a damn about that so called tradition..... If Preeto leaves this house with her aunt..... I will also follow her and by the way Mrs Jha...... I don't need you who even after four years of being married to you husband still lived in her uncle's house and leeching of her little brothers money when she should have been in her husband's house and using his money..... I don't need a hypocrite like you who preach traditions and yet can't follow it....... Keep you goddamned opinion to yourself..... Am warning you Mrs Jha,this is the last time you disrespect Preeto again. " Akshat yelled in anger making Anjali flinch and embarrassed. And Mohini smiled seeing Akshat standing up for her niece.

The others smirked seeing Akshat giving her a piece of his mind. An embarrassed Anjali left there fuming in anger and cursing them in her head.

"Mohiniji...... Am sorry on Anjali's behave..... She had just been through a traumatic experience that's why. " Nani apologized making the others look at her in disgust.