✨ Part 16 ✨

Three Weeks Later.

A lot of things has happened in these three weeks. Akash and Payal's boys were name Rudra and Dhruv by Arnav, Khushi and Akshat. Shivanya's existence was now known by all including Anjali whose secret accomplice has been reporting to her every move of the Guptas and Raizadas.

As punishment for what they did, Nani and Mami were not allowed to touch the kids or Shivanya. Both realised the gravity of their blind devotion for Anjali when more of her heinous crimes were revealed by Akshat. They entire family were also shocked when they found out she was a demon in the guise of an angel. Arnav was the most affected and almost slipped into depression if not for the presence of Khushi and the kids and support from the family.

They entire family were now living at the Gupta residence.
Akshat and Preeto started dating a week ago after his marriage with Anjali was finally annulled. Payal and Akash proved to be efficient parents every passing day and Shivanya also proofed to be a good and efficient big sister for Anamika, Rudra and Dhruv.

Today was the day for the trial and the news of Anjali's trial has spread all over and the country and outside like wild fire, after all the sister of one of the biggest business tycoons in Asia was going on trail for her crimes. Khushi and Payal wanted to be there but the men said no and they had no other choice than to stay home not knowing it was going to be the biggest mistake of their lives.

Everyone sat down in the court room together with Anjali, Lavanya, Madhumati and Aman.

Shashi, Manohar, Arnav, Akash and Akshat looked at Anjali with anger and disgust but she had an "I don't give a damn" look on her face.

The judge walked in and asked the proceedings to start.

All the formalities were made and Akshat was asked to call on his first witness.He confidently stood up and spoke.

"Your honour.... I present my first witness...... Mrs Naina Malhotra. " Akshat said and Anjali's eyes widened in shock as Naina walked up to the witness stand and sat down.

Akshat then moved forward.

"Mrs Naina Malhotra..... Do you know the accused Miss Anjali Singh Raizada? " Akshat asked.

"Yes I do. " She replied gritting the words through her teeth.

"From your reaction it seem not only did you know her...... But then she may have done something to you..... Can you please tell us what she did. " Akshat asked .

"I knew Anjali from high school..... We graduated and ended up losing touch until three weeks before our high school reunion five years ago...... She was by then divorced and when she saw Mr Jindal her high school crush, she immediately wanted him and asked me to help her and in return she promises to convince her brother to invest in my husband's company if I help her. " Naina paused.

"And what did she want you to help her with. " Akshat asked.

"She gave me a bottle contain a sleeping drug to pour into Mr Jindal's drink and help her take an unconscious Mr Jindal to her room in the hotel and call the media to the hotel on them in the morning..... She did it because she was obsessed with Mr Jindal and knew it will coerce him to marry him..... Like a fool I helped her and when it was time to fulfill her promise she didn't and when I told her I will tell everyone the truth she threatened to hurt my sons which made me back down. " Naina revealed.

"Objection your honour..... We can't take Mrs Malhotra's words seriously..... She is just an ambitious woman who wants her husband to succeed but didn't. " Anjali's lawyer retorted.