✨ Part 12 ✨

Arnav stood at the garden of the Gupta residence looking up to the stars.

"Maa..... Khushi said when the people we love die, they become stars...... And if that's true then I know deep in my heart you are disappointed in me..... No amount of sorry will make my wrongs right..... I was always in control of my life and I loved it that way and I also thought it was the best but I was so wrong and Khushi proved me wrong.... She invoked feels in me that I never knew I had ....... My fear of falling in love with her made me push her away and hurt her thinking  that the farther away she was the feelings will go away but it didn't..... I started to train my mind to hate her even more by comparing I, Lavanya and Khushi as you, Arvind and that woman...... I placed Lavanya in your position which was the worst thing to do and Khushi as the other woman and I as Arvind...... I wanted any means to make me hate Khushi because I started to realize I loved her and I didn't want to be weak like you Maa..... In your love for that wretched man, you left me..... You were my only guide in life but left me without thinking twice all for the love you had for that man...... Since then I hated love or more like I feared it because to me it was a sign of weakness...... But I didn't know it was not weakness but a strength...... I now realize what pushed you to kill yourself and it wasn't love but the illusion of perfection you have created for yourself and when it broke you didn't know how to deal with it...... Why Maa!...... Was your Chote not good enough for your to live for..... After your death, I felt lost and no one came to my rescue which made me sink deeper into my dark abyss...... I know I had a choice to see life in a different light but then who was I when my own mother choose death over me...... In my ego, pride and cowardice, I lost the most precious time of my baby girl and I know I deserve it but it hurts.... It hurts so bad that I want to end it all but then the hope of Khushi giving me another chance and the hope of hearing my baby girl calling me Papa prevents me from letting go. " Arnav confessed while looking at the night sky lit with stars.

All this while he was so caught up in his talks that he failed to see Aman standing behind him.

Aman who heard everything felt more guiltier than he was before. In his stupid obsession for Anjali, he betrayed his two friends. He now realised things may have been a little bit different if he hadn't listened to Anjali. Even if Khushi didn't forgive Arnav at least he would have been able to see his baby girl grow.

And now things may become more complicated than before because of Akshat and Akash's possessiveness of Khushi and their conversation at the garden is proof of it.

Flashback begins.

Arnav and Aman after having a video conference call with a client, moved to the garden at the back of the Gupta residence because men weren't allowed at the baby shower.

Immediately they got there Shashi, Akshat, Manohar and Akash who were laughing at something stopped upon seeing them. Shashi then asked them to sit with them and they awkwardly did.

No one spoke for over a minute until Shashi who knew the tension was because of Arnav's presence decided to break the ice.

"Arnav...... I have been meaning to ask you a question for a long time and I hope you don't mind me asking? " Shashi asked looking at Arnav who got nervous.

"Not at all..... Please  ask away. " Arnav replied nervously.

"Do you love Khushi? " Shashi asked out of the blue catching Arnav off guard making him go silent for almost a minute with all eyes on him.

"Babuji asked you a question." Akshat voiced out sternly with a poker face and Arnav sighed and looked Shashi straight in the eyes.