Chapter thirty seven - Her Dad

Abigail POV

"So how many months are you?" I asked my little sister and swollen stomach.

"Five months!" She answered me.

The three of us preparing for dinner. Then we heard a footsteps coming closer. I don't have to turn and look since I know who arrived.

"Wow a wonderful a sight! My runaway daughter is finally come home after how many years!" My dad said in a very welcoming voice.

I turn around and look for my dad.

"Hello dad! Good evening!" I said to him.

"Good thing you are here. I have important things to discuss to you!" He said and my mom glance at me giving me the knowing eyes. For sure he's going to say about the marriage with his son best friend.

"Ok let's just have dinner first dad. I bet your starving too!" I said to him.

"Mom I'll call Gabe to come down!" I said then went upstairs.

Not for long I heard my dad asked whose Gabe to my mom and my mom just shrugged at him.

I knocked on Gabe's door and I open it.

"Dinners ready!" I said to him. My breath hitch as I look at him. He's truly breathtaking. He's wearing white shirt and jeans short. Though it's simple but he can easily pass as model since he have well built body and his budging six pack abs.

"Done checking on me babe?" He said as I didn't notice him being close to me.

"Not a fat chance!" I said trying to give him the poker look.

Then we head downstairs as Gabe trailing on my back. My dad look up to him. He's expression clearly said that his shocked or stunned.

"Dad this Gabe , Gabe this is my dad Patrick!" I said then they shake hands.

We sat in the dining table to eat out dinner. Gabe sit beside me. As we eat silently, Gabe out his hand on my thigh and I glared at him. He just look at me innocently.

"So if I not mistaken your the famous owner of Hudson Corporation" My dad as he eyed Gabe.

"Yes sir! I am the current CEO of the company!" He answered him

"Wow! But you see here Mr. Hudson, I already promise my daughter to my son best friend to marry!" He said to him and I glared at him

"Dad do you have to pick this time to announce that" I scowled at him.

"You don't have the right to talk back to me. You been slacking your responsibility for how many years already!" He said to me. " I need you to come back here and manage the company!" He added

I was about to answer him back but Abe press his hand on my thigh getting my attention.

"Sir I don't want to be sound intruding but I can't just let you say that in front when you know I am you daughter's boyfriend. May I know the reason why you wanted Abe to marry your best friend son?" He asked him and I saw my dad put his spoon and fork. He stared at Gabe without blinking.

"We need to join both of our family law firm!" He said

"And may I know why?" Gabe said.

"To make it big and strong" My dad answered.

"Sir with all due respect. Before I went here I investigate about your company. It said it's been slowing for the past years!" Gabe said and I was shocked. What?

"In the sense you just want to marry off Abe because you wanted to share possession of your friend whose more successful firm as yours, am I right?" Gabe said and my dad went to silent.

"If that's only you want I can give it to you" Gabe said while he lean both his elbow in the table.

"So?" My dad said

"I will help you rebuild it and give you all the money that you needed but in return you won't marry Abe off to anyone. I intend to marry her by myself! " He said and I look at him shocked.

"No! You can't just say that! I told you not to spend your money on me!" I protested on him.

"My money is useless without you. I can't just let you marry other man whose not me." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Idiot! And you just spend your money like that? What happened after rebuilding the company?" I asked my dad

"It's yours anyway! I think it's ok to your boyfriend to help us!" My dad said and I never been so ashamed.

"No! It should be under his company name Dad that would be unfair to him." I said and protested to him

"That's ok, it's only a money! Compare to you, your more than it!" Gabe said and I can't help but to smack his head.

"You idiot! Whose the right mind to spend millions just for a girl? Are you stupid!" I said to him.

"I just love you that's all!" He said and I face palm myself. So much for having such an idiot boyfriend.

"Don't come to me if you regret it later!" I said to him.

"I won't babe! I earn billions everyday!" He said at me.

"So that's settle can we discuss now my baby shower?" My sister said whose speaking for the first time since the entire dinner.

And then she rant about the design and everything she want for the party. She really like extravagant things and I hate it. Even though we're sisters but we're exact opposite of each other.

"So sis can you accompany to the stores and help me buy few things for the party!" She asked me and I nodded.

"I'll come too!" Gabe whispered to me.

"He can come too!" My sister said while she clapped her hands.

After we done eating we stood up and clean. Gabe's helping me lifting the plates even I protest.

"Can I talked to you in my office without my daughter!" My dad said as he gestures Gabe to come with him.

I tried to protest but Gabe look at me.

"It's ok, can you wait for me in my room ?" He said then I nodded.

Then he went after to my dad.