|| Chapter Eighteen: Class Trial ||

----

Guide:

(Y/n)=(Your/name)

{Word Count: 1,683}

----

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

Upon opening the door before me, I was greeted with the faces of my classmates. Some were uneasy while others seemed to keep themselves calm. I stood awkwardly among them, the silence in the room causing my ears to ring a bit. 

I noticed that a few eyed me suspiciously, most likely assuming that I was the murderer. I gulped, feeling a bit uneasy myself. Breaking the silence in the room, the monitor on the wall came to life, displaying Monokuma on the screen.

Clearing his throat, Monokuma spoke, "is everyone here? Perfect! Please head into the elevator before you; it will take you to the courtroom where the class trial will take place! I'll meet you down there!"

The monitor then turned off, leaving the room in silence once again. One by one, each of us scurried into the elevator. Some mumbled small words before stepping in, while others remained silent like myself. Once we were all boarded in the elevator, the metal doors closed and produced a small screeching sound. The elevator began to move downwards, the sound of the elevator the only sound present among all of us. 

Finally, the elevator came to a stop. The doors opened and revealed what seemed to be a courtroom. We all slowly stepped out into the room. We all took our places behind a podium and glanced around at each other with expressions of multiple emotions.

"Upupupu! You're all here!" Monokuma shouted, appearing out of nowhere. "What do you think? Does it feel like a real courtroom?"

"It's total shit," Mondo cursed as he clicked his tongue in annoyance.

Monokuma frowned at his words, then proceeded to say, "alright whatever. Make sure you are in your assigned place everyone!"

We did as told and made sure we were in our correct spots. The podiums were arranged in a circle to where everyone could see each other clearly. Monokuma took his seat on what seemed to be a throne-like chair that stood above everyone else. From where I was placed, I could easily see Monokuma. His seat was straight across from me, his glare burning into me. 

"Alright everyone! Let's start with an explanation of how this class trial will work," Monokuma remarked, crossing his legs. Monokuma then went into detail about how the class trial would work, making sure to explain everything before it officially started.

Before the class trial started, Kyoko pointed at the pictures displayed in the courtroom. Behind some of the podiums were pictures of Sayaka and Junko, each picture having a large "X" over their faces. "Monokuma, what is going on with those pictures?" Kyoko questioned.

"Well, I didn't want them to feel let out just because they died!" Monokuma asserted, letting out a small laugh.

"And why is there an empty space?" I remarked, pointing to the empty podium in front of Monokuma. "There are only fifteen of us, so why are there sixteen podiums?"

"Oh, no reason! I just wanted it to be an even number of podiums," Monokuma answered with a grin. "Anyways, let's get this started! Let the class trial begin!"

With those words, it became official. The first class trial had commenced. The debate about who the killer is had started. 

It began with the first debate. We first started with reviewing what we already knew about the case, then we proceeded to discuss other topics revolving around that. The first topic was revolving around how Sayaka was killed, obviously that was in the bathroom. There was debate whether or not she was taken by surprise or not, but I presented evidence that pointed to the conclusion that there was some sort of struggle between Sayaka and the killer.