|| Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Feelings that Lowered My Guard ||

----

Updates may be less frequent now that I have to prioritize my schoolwork over writing at the moment.

Guide:

(Y/n)=(Your/name)

(L/n)=(Last/name)

{Word Count: 2,243}

----

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

The next morning, I did the same routine I did everyday; wake up to the morning announcement, use the bathroom, and head to the dining hall for breakfast. However, this morning was a bit odd.

As I was eating my breakfast, I noticed no one else was in the dining hall. It was rather strange considering we usually always came here at the same time and I certainly did not arrived any earlier or later. Perhaps they gathered somewhere, but I can worry about that after my meal.

I finished my meal rather quickly and cleaned up after myself, rushing out of the dining hall. There were no students littering the hallway anywhere, so they must have either been hiding in their dorms or gathered somewhere altogether. Most likely the latter.

As I walked the halls, I heard some commotion echoing from the bathhouse. It seemed to be someone screaming in a rather high pitch...what if a murder were occurring?

I ran as fast as I could have possibly ran to the bathhouse. My heart was racing in e̶x̶h̶i̶l̶a̶r̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ fear as I flew down the halls. What was going on?!

When I made it to the bathhouse and ran inside, I located the origin of the screaming; it was Hifumi.

"S-She's trying to kill me!!" Hifumi screamed as he pointed to Kyoko. I glanced around and noticed everyone else was gathered in the room with them.

"What is going on?!" I shouted, gaining my peers' attention.

"Ms.(L/n)! Help me please; she's trying to kill me!" Hifumi pleaded, waving his chubby finger at Kyoko.

I raised an eyebrow. "Kyoko, what is going on?"

"I never stated that I wanted to kill you," Kyoko sighed. "I asked a question and he did not answer."

Hifumi continued to whine, tears falling from his eyes. I looked back to Kyoko. "What did he do?"

"He snuck into the bathhouse at night and used Alter Ego without permission. I caught him last night and he was hugging the laptop and breathing irregularly," Kyoko explained, sending a glare to Hifumi.

I cringed a bit. "What were you doing..."

"Please don't kill me! I was just ta-talking," Hifumi cried.

"Which was prohibited," Kyoko interjected.

"B-But talking to her  was just so much fun!!"

""Her"?" I questioned. "Did you fall in love with something?"

"Uwahh!! No way; is this love?" Hifumi let out a squeal. "She is an angel...perhaps it is love!"

"How did this happen?!" Hina exclaims, a hand over her mouth.

"Well...I just wanted to hear her say "master" one more time, but then I poked around her settings and saw she was a well-designed programmed," Hifumi explained. "It was the first time I was able to talk like that with a normal girl..."

"Are you referring to Alter Ego? I would most certainly say that it isn't a "normal girl," let alone a girl at all...I don't think a program would have a gender," I stated.