|| Chapter Thirty-Four: False Story ||

----

Guide:

(Y/n)=(Your/name)

{Word Count: 2,578}

----

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

Monokuma seemed to stop breathing for a moment after hearing what I had said. In fact, he wasn't even moving a muscle. It seemed as though he was processing that what I said was real. After around a minute, the corner of his lips began to curl into a smile.

"You really mean it?" Monokuma whispered in disbelief. "Did you actually say that?"

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Of course I do. This isn't a dream, Monokuma." Monokuma grinned even more now that I had reassured him. "I know that I'm so unbelievably dreamy sometimes, but this really isn't a dream," I joked.

Monokuma laughed a bit and leaned closer to me. Dual-coloured hair tickled my face as Monokuma leaned his forehead against my own. I suppressed a small laugh at the feeling. I noticed how he stared at me with such intensity, making me want to melt away in that moment. His eyes burned with so much emotion... Hope, despair, love, disbelief, fear. There were too many feelings stirring in his irises that I couldn't even begin to sort everything out.

The male pressed a kiss to my nose, drawing me away from the trance that the look in his eyes had put me under. He mumbled, "I love you so much, my princess." Monokuma went to kiss me again, but the sound of my doorbell ringing interrupted us.

I quickly pulled away from Monokuma, much to his dismay. I slid my sock and shoe back onto my injured ankle in order to conceal it. I quickly got up, relieved that there was no pain upon applying pressure to my ankle. The medicine really did work wonders. It wouldn't have mattered if it hurt anyways since I probably would've been able to push through it. Dizziness, nausea, headaches, aching, as long as the injury was relatively minor, I was able to push through it.

I recall that once I had hurt my knee while preforming in a musical in front of a live audience. What did I do? I pushed past the pain and preformed anyways. Preforming difficult choreography certainty didn't help the pain, but I still executed each scene flawlessly despite it. I trained myself to endure injuries like this so I could be the perfect actress. It was just another detail as to why I was declared the Ultimate Actress.

I made my way over to the door, slightly opening it and peering outside. The person to blame for ringing the doorbell was Sakura. She sighed in relief upon seeing me answer the door.

"(Y/n), I'm glad you are alright. We were worried when we didn't see you at breakfast," Sakura stated. You could tell she was really caring despite her intimidating appearance.

I took a quick glance behind me, noticing that Monokuma was no longer in the room. It really made me wonder how he traveled in and out of my room like this. Was there some sort of secret passage in my room or something?

"Sorry I didn't go to breakfast, Sakura..." I opened the door a bit more now that Monokuma was no longer here, revealing more of myself to Sakura. Upon seeing the bandages that were tightly wound around my head, her eyes widened.

"(Y/n), what happened!" She asked, though it sounded like she was demanding me to tell her rather than asking.

"I-I don't know...I've been confused ever since I woke up. My head...it's hurting so much," I told her, wincing as though I was still in pain. Sakura laid a hand on my shoulder and patted it as though she was comforting me. 

"Tell me everything that you remem-"

Before Sakura could finish, Hina came rushing towards the two of us with a panicked expression. "G-Guys! I'm glad I found you so quickly. It's awful... The rec room door was opened a-and when I looked inside...I-I saw, I saw!- Ah, just come see!!"