|| Chapter Forty-Four: Hidden Amongst Us ||

----

Apologies for my six month absence!! Will explain more at the end of the chapter if anyone is interested :) Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

Guide:

(Y/n)=(Your/name)

{Word Count: 1,626}

----

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

As anticipated from our usual routine of sharing information, everyone simply began to discuss their discoveries on the fourth floor. I leaned back in the metal chair I was seated in and watched everyone converse around me. Everything stated was information that I already knew, making this conversation repetitious for me to listen in on. I was on the verge of excusing myself when Hiro's palms made sudden contact with the table, echoing a loud slap throughout the dining hall. 

"Wait a minute! I found a few rooms on the fourth floor that were locked. It was the..." Hiro took a moment to recall the names of the rooms. "Ah! The data center and the headmaster's room!"

Hina perked up. "Headmaster's room? Now that sounds exactly like the sorta place you would find tons of information in! Maybe we can find a way to unlock the door-?"

"Psh! Who cares 'bout a stupid lock? Let's just knock the door right down! It shouldn't be a problem-" Hiro was interrupted by myself, who moved to sit in an upright position.

"C'mon, don't be rash now. Do you think Monokuma is going to let that happen and not do anything about it?" I couldn't believe Hiro had the temerity to even attempt to do that. Breaking into the headmaster's room without expecting some form of punishment was straight stupidity.

"(Y/n)'s right. What was that you were just sayin' there, Hiro?"

I felt my chair slightly tilt back with new pressure now added onto the backrest. Turning back, I saw Monokuma leaning his weight against my chair as he shot a spiteful glance in the direction of Hiro. Turning my attention back to clairvoyant, I saw his expression shift as he jumped back, shouting out in dismay.

"C'mon now, continue. I dare you."

Monokuma pushed himself off of my chair and sauntered his way over to Hiro. Everyone present eyed him as he did so. When he halted right beside Hiro, his inscrutable expression morphed straight into one bearing a perverse grin and squinted eyes.

"Did you say something 'bout me having the nicest butt on the block? The curviest hips in town?" Monokuma cackled. "Is that what ya said?!"

"What?! Hell no!"

"Well then tell me, what were you saying? Cuz I know sure as hell you weren't talking 'bout knocking down the door to the headmaster's room. Like seriously, what kinda war on education are ya trying to start?!" Monokuma leaned over to get in Hiro's face. Hiro staggered back, but it proved to be a fruitless attempt to get away from him, as Monokuma walked back up to him. 

"That's my room, y'know? Are you trying to invade my privacy?! Sheesh, what kinda delinquent are you?! I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but I guess I gotta add to the school regulations. Breaking down a lock door is now prohibited!"

As Monokuma stated that, he rushed away from the group, taking long, quickened strides towards the entrance to the dining hall and bursting out the door. All of us watched him in silence as he left. We should had been used to his random exits and even more random appearances, but Monokuma was a tool that would never cease to baffle us.

Once the coast was clear of the strange man, Sakura broke the silence with her gruff vocals. "Well, if Monokuma went out of his way to create a regulation against it, then he must be hiding something important in the headmaster's office..."