|| Chapter Thirty: Do You Understand? ||

----

Guide:

(Y/n)=(Your/name)

(s/c)=(skin/colour)

{Word Count: 1,013}

----

Monokuma's P.O.V.

A sudden beeping erupted from my watch, the sound ringing within my ears. The annoying sound of the alarm-like beep made me want to rip off my ears. I withdrew from the hug with (Y/n), leaving her standing awkwardly while she wiped away her tears. She looked somewhat annoyed as she stared at my watch. I looked down at the device attached to my wrist and pressed a small button on the side, causing it to pop open.

I stared down at the hidden screen implanted within the watch, biting the inside of my cheek. Using this device within the watch, the mastermind would send me messages at anytime they needed me to do something. According to the mastermind, only those that had devices implanted into their ears could hear the annoying beeping. Apparently they had implanted some sort of transmission device into my (bear) ears that would receive the alarm.

However, the alarm only goes through when I'm within a short distance of the watch. I wish I could rip off the device and burn it in the incinerator, but this thing was literally implanted into my wrist. I would probably have to chop off my hand to get this thing off.

I glared at the small screen as the message written in tiny text began to cross the screen.

New Message!

~ Ask her now. ~

I gulped and closed the watch, looking up at the camera. I could imagine the expression the mastermind had painted across their face right now. Ugh, they were so annoying. Looking back at (Y/n), I parted my lips, but I didn't speak a word. Do I really want to go through with this? 

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

I tugged onto the hem of my shirt, pulling it up to my face to dry it. The chilly air hit my exposed stomach, so I was quick to wipe off all of the snot and tears from my (s/c) skin. I quickly replaced my shirt once my face was clear, looking back at Monokuma. He seemed to be deep in thought. I called out to him, catching his attention.

"(Y/n), I have something to ask you," said Monokuma as he began to walk towards me.

"What is it?" I mumbled.

Monokuma paused before letting out a small laugh. "Nevermind! It was a stupid question anyways~" After he spoke, he glanced up at the camera with a slightly regretful look.

Another beeping came from Monokuma's watch. He looked down at the device on his wrist and let out an audible groan. "Sorry (Y/n)...I gotta go now."

"Huh? Why?" I asked, looking up at Monokuma. He frowned a bit as he replied, "I gotta make the nighttime announcement."

"Oh...is it that late already?"

"Unfortunately, yes! Are you gonna miss me?~"

I clicked my tongue. "Maybe a little."

"Whaaat? (Y/n) admitting that she'll miss me? That's unusual! Do you feel well?" Monokuma placed his hand against my forehead. I swatted his hand away.

"Stop it!" 

Monokuma pinched my cheek as he pouted. "Don't worry~ I'll visit you again soon, my dear!" Monokuma smiled as he exited my dorm, closing the door behind him.

As soon as he left, I took a seat on my bed. Crying in front of one of the masterminds of this game...how could I be so weak? I glance up at the surveillance camera. I couldn't help but wonder what the other mastermind thought of the situation they most likely witnessed on the camera system.

After a bit of time, the daily nighttime announcement rang from the monitor, informing us that it was 10 p.m.. I laid underneath the covers of my bed, unable to fall asleep as quickly as I would've liked. I stared at the wall ahead as a few thoughts continued to cycle through my head.

What was the mastermind thinking right now?

What were they planning?

Monokuma's P.O.V.

I stood before the mastermind, their terrifying gaze keeping me frozen in place. I wished that I would have just stayed with (Y/n) for the night, but I would inevitably have to return back here. I trembled a bit in the chair I was in.

"Monokuma," the mastermind called, looking down at me menacingly. There was no escape from this situation. If I were to try to get away, I definitely wouldn't have all ten fingers by tomorrow. 

I looked up at the mastermind. "Yes?"

"Why did you disobey my command? Did you forget that you aren't the one in power here?"

I gulped. "I...I don't-"

"-want to hurt (Y/n)?" the mastermind completed my statement. They let out a small sigh. "Don't you want her to feel despair?"

"What about what she wants?"

The mastermind slapped my face. "She does want despair! Actually, who wouldn't want despair?! That's like the whole reason why we started this game! You agreed to these terms; we all did. Follow my orders; do you understand?"

I stayed silent as I stared down at the tile floor. The mastermind grabbed my hair and yanked my head upwards to look at them. The sudden jerk made my neck hurt, causing a help to escape past my lips.

"Do you understand?"  they repeated.

"Y-Yes, I understand," I responded in a low tone.

"Good. Tomorrow morning you're gonna go to (Y/n)'s dorm after she eats breakfast. Ask her about what's in the bathhouse then," the mastermind yanked my hair again. "If you don't, I'll be sure you execute you in front of (Y/n) and replace you with a robot."

The mastermind's lips curled into a grin as they let go of my hair. They walked back to their seat in front of all the cameras, glancing at every screen. I lifted my hand to my head, gently massaging my burning scalp.

This entire game was started just to bring despair to these students. Trapped within a school, forced to kill one another, clinging onto every fragment of hope you can muster up in this situation...

Despair truly was terrifying.

----

I keep forgetting to write :(

I hope all of you enjoyed this!

Please excuse any mistakes in this chapter.

All of your support is appreciated.

Do not re-upload my work or use it in anyway without my permission. Do not plagiarize my content.

I do not own Danganronpa or any of the characters. I do not own the artwork used unless stated otherwise.

Stay safe and have a lovely day!

-Michi