02. Vacate

"Hey Lynnex, I'm ordering pizza for dinner tonight" my mom informs the golden haired girl as we walk through the front door

My best friend's eyes light up at this.

Pizza is practically her comfort food but her mother banned it in her house.

I think that it had something to do with a 'no carb diet', or at least that's what Mrs. Williams claims.

I choose not to entertain her idiotic thoughts.

"Thank you, Mrs. Wilder!" She thanks my mom

"Thank you, mom" I say with a smile before following the golden haired girl towards the staircase

Once we reach the stairs she turns around and assists me with lifting her suitcase up them.

"Leave your bedroom door open" my mother scolds

I instantly freeze as my eyes widen and my cheeks begin to warm up.

Ever since my freshman year of high school when I invited Lynnex over for the first time my mom has always been strict with my door being open.

My mom says that it is because she knows what teenage girls are like.

My mother says that it is because of an expensive television that Hanna broke when Aurelia and her were...

Yeah I do not want to even think about it.

"Mother!" I grit out as I snap my neck in her direction

She currently has her arms wrapped lovingly around my mom while my mom tries not to laugh.

"Isabella!" My mother mocks me

Ugh.

This is so embarrassing, not that it gets any less embarrassing each time.

The golden haired girl laughs at this as she begins to tug her suitcase up the rest of the staircase.

"We've been over this, Lynnex and I are just friends!" I promise her

I notice my mom's eyes glance behind me at the golden haired girl only for her smile to fall which in turn causes me to furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"I said that about your mother and I at first" my mom tells me

My mother rolls her eyes at this information but wears a smile nonetheless.

"She friend zoned me into a fucking pit before actually giving me a chance" my mother reveals

My mom removes my mother's hands from around her body and glares at the woman.

My mother gives her a confused facial expression.

"How was I supposed to know that you liked me if you never told me?" My mom questions, crossing her arms across her chest

My mother lightheartedly mimics my mom's stance.

"Um- I don't know, maybe the fact that I hated everyone else except for you" my mother responds with sarcasm

The two of them begin to go back and forth, starting an argument.

I take this chance to escape this moment before they realize that I am still down here.

When I arrive at the second level of the house I make my way towards my bedroom before closing my door behind me.

I turn to face the brown eyed girl who is sitting crisscrossed with her back against my headboard.

"Didn't your parents tell you to leave your door open?" She questions rhetorically

I smile as I take a seat on my bed and adjust my body so that I am sitting crisscrossed across from the golden haired girl.