05. Spelling Bee

I will be posting two times a week (Tuesday and Thursday)

••••••••••••••••••••••••

"I fucking hate you" Lynnex states with crossed arms, her cheeks still pink from my joke outside

I laugh as we make our way towards our lockers.

"Please, your life would be boring without me" I joke

She remain silent as we stop in front of the row of lockers but I notice the corner or her lips tilt up.

She can't stay mad at me no matter how hard she tries.

Well there was that one time that she ignored me for two days when I accidentally got pastry dough in her hair.

We don't talk about it.

I type in my locker code and swing open the metal compartment, retrieving my backpack before shutting it again.

Lynnex and I go to walk towards our first period class only to be stopped by someone yelling out my name.

"Wilder!" They yell authoritatively

Ugh.

I groan with annoyance before turning around to face the desperate adult.

He releases a sigh of relief that he caught me before using a hand to slick his hair back.

I almost gag at the sight of his greasy hair.

What is so hard about taking care of your hygiene that most guys cannot understand?!

"What do you want, Mr. Rejected?" I ask the twenty two year old man

He glares at me once the nickname leaves my lips.

"How's you sister?" He asks

I roll my eyes at him.

"Haley is out of town" I answer, playing dumb

He takes a step closer to me when he notices a random teacher watching us with a curious facial expression.

"The other sister" he states emotionlessly

I cross my arms at him, quickly growing bored of this conversation.

"She's happily engaged to Aurelia" I inform him, putting emphasis on the word 'happily'

He is obviously upset by this as he rolls his eyes with a disgusted facial expression.

"I bet Aurelia forced her to accept the ring" he says

I groan loudly, wanting to get to class before I'm late.

I hate Lynnex's mother, but Lynnex is only sixteen so the cruel woman still legally has control over her.

"Hanna proposed to her," I explain with an eye roll

He is obviously shocked by this judging by his 'fish out of water' facial expression.

Idiot.

He goes to make up a shitty excuse only for me to quickly cut him off.

"Listen Chadley, Its been six years and she still hasn't came back to you like you thought she would," I begin

His face contorts into one of shock, obviously not expecting me to stand up to him.

"Hanna plans on marrying Aurelia, meaning that she does not care about you, she has not cared about you for years," I say putting emphasis on the word 'years'