08. Unconcious Mind

"So, we're going to put you in casts just to make sure you don't move your hands" the doctor says

I internally groan at this revelation.

They inspected my hands, took x-rays and questioned me before coming to the conclusion that I sprained both my hands.

At first the doctor yelled at me for not elevating my hands, or immobilizing them for forty eight hours.

How was I supposed to know that?

I didn't even know that I sprained my hands before I walked in here.

"You will have to rest your wrists for at least forty eight hours, ice your fingers to reduce the pain, elevate your arms whenever you're resting, etc." the doctor says

My jaw drops at this.

I am quite literally going to be a sitting duck.

This sucks.

"The rest will be in the pamphlet that I give you later," they assure my parents

"I'm just going to go get the nurse and then we can get started" they tell me before making their way out of the hospital room

As soon as the door closes I release a loud groan.

"I hate hospitals, they always give you bad news" I state as I cross my arms over each other

Ouch, my hands.

Lynnex notices this and rolls her eyes at me.

"You're such a baby" she weakly insults me

I barely fight her grasp as she uncrosses my arms and holds my hand, interlocking our fingers together.

I gently rub my thumb against the back of her hand.

I pout at the golden haired girl.

She furrows her eyebrows at me as she uses her free hand to flip the part in her hair, giving her volume.

Woah.

I am stunned for a few moments before her voice knocks me out of it.

"What?" She asks with a small smile since I am still pouting

My pout deepens making her laughs come out more consistently.

I try to keep my pout but it proves harder than I thought as I continue to watch the beautiful brown eyed girl in front of me struggle to contain her infectious laughter.

I smile as my eyes slowly trail over her face, taking in her under appreciated beauty.

From her golden blonde hair to her neat symmetrical eyebrows she has always reminded me of a sun goddess.

I think that's what drew me in to her the first time that we met.

From her glossy brown eyes to her cute nose they both compliment each other.

Those same eyes they held so much pain now hold so much joy.

My heart clenches in my chest as my eyes land on her full lips.

They seem soft, as soft as a memory foam pillow.

As for their color they are currently a bright red thanks to the cherry flavored lollipop she had earlier.

They are literally the most perfect pair of lips that I have ever seen.

My breath hitches as my mind goes into the dark side, thinking about what it would be like feel them.

To tease them.

To kiss them.

I jump out of my daydream with wide eyes as the nurse walks in with a cart.