16. Flower

This is like 2 hours late (:
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I glance at my reflection with a look of indifference.

I am wear a long sleeved black shirt that is covered by an oversized navy blue tee. For jeans I chose a pair of distressed light washed ones that I cuffed and for shoes I chose a pair of white Nike's.

Everyone wears fancy dresses and suits to this Christmas party but I'm not in the mood to wear either.

I hear a knock on my bedroom door which causes me to jump from fright.

Jesus Christ.

I turn around to face my door just as the person enters my bedroom.

I raise an eyebrow at my sister when I notice that she is wearing a short, airy white dress.

"Did you take my shoes?" She asks

I bring my hands up and gather my brunette hair into a high ponytail, using one of my hands to secure it in place with a hair tie.

"You have to be more specific" I say

Hanna is barely ever here yet she keeps half of her clothes in her old bedroom.

She is practically asking me to take something.

"My white heels" she adds

I give the blonde an incredulous facial expression as I pull on some strands of my hair so that they are framing my face.

"I don't wear heels" I state

She groans over dramatically at this answer.

"We're leaving in five minutes and I have no shoes!" She stresses

I ignore my hotheaded sister as she stomps out of my bedroom and into her old one.

Ugh.

She is seriously giving me a headache.

-

I roll my eyes and take a sip of my soda.

Ugh.

The adults here are unbearable.

Most of them have either been glaring at me or side eyeing me.

I am the only person in this entire house who is wearing normal clothes.

They're acting like they have never seen normal clothes before.

A woman pulled me aside a few minutes ago just to criticize my exterior appearance and give me her opinion, as if I'm supposed to care.

"Do your parents know that you are wearing.... that?" the woman asks

I smirk at this question, bringing my glass down to rest in front of my stomach.

"Why don't you ask them yourself," I suggest

I turn around and search for my parents only to begin walking towards them when I spot them near the staircase.

I can physically hear the woman gasp behind me as we approach them.

I internally groan when I realize what I am doing.

I hate to be this type of person, someone who uses their parents for their own gain.

I smile as I stop in front of my parents.

"Hey mother, hey mom!" I greet them

The two of them give me a confused facial expression but smile nonetheless.