13. Lies And Deception

A loud sneeze forces its way out of my body which causes me to groan in pain.

Partially from the sneeze, partially from my pounding headache.

Ugh.

This has been going on for two days now!

I guess that I should have listened to my mom.

"If you sneeze one more time I won't hesitate to lock you in the den" Hanna groans with annoyance

Aurelia is meeting with our mother today to discuss the whole 'secret business' situation.

Hanna didn't want to stay and hear about the scary  parts of their deal so she came up to her old bedroom, which is near mine.

"Sorry, I'll just hold it in next time" I reply with heavy sarcasm

She glares at my joke, not finding it funny.

"Whatever" is all she says and walks out of my bedroom

Before she enters the hallway she slams my bedroom door closed behind her.

I roll my eyes at her attitude and lean my head back against my stack of pillows.

She has been like this all day.

I don't know why, nor do I want to know why.

I sigh and roll over so that I am laying on my side.

This movement causes my head to hurt way more.

My headache is so bad that it is affecting my vision to the point that I feel like I am in a video game simulation.

I close my eyes and almost immediately fall into a deep sleep only to be woken up by my phone ringing loudly.

I practically jump awake from the loud ring.

It takes me a few moments to register that my cellphone is ringing before I reach for it and answer the call, not checking the caller identification.

"Hello?" I ask with a stuffed nose

My eyes ease shut again but I am still responsive.

"Hey, are you okay?" A familiar voice asks from the other end

I furrow my eyebrows and open my eyes, moving my phone in front of my face only to be met with my best friend's beautiful face.

Her golden blonde hair is flowing over her shoulders in loose curls, a thick headband holding most of it back giving her a polished look.

Her brown eyes are practically sparkling as they keep their gaze fixated on me.

Her addictive pink lips are set in a heartwarming smile.

Shit.

I give her the best smile that I can muster up which is saying a lot considering the amount of pain that I am in.

"Yep, never been better" I muse

I shift my body so that I can prop my cellphone up against one of my pillows.

The golden haired girl raises a brow.

"Really?" She asks

I nod my head as best as I can.

She laughs at this.

"I mean this in the nicest way possible, you look like shit" she tells me

My jaw drops at this.

I roll over so that I am now laying on my stomach, resting my chin on my folded arms.

"Ouch" I joke with a small laugh