Chapter Eighteen

We make it to my house in less than ten minutes. We sneak in through the back, and all the lights are out besides the access lights in the kitchen, and the hallway.

Aiden's only been in my room once, and it was the night he picked me up from that horrific party. It looks the same except for my wall. All the same pictures are there before, but in the center of them is a picture of Aiden and I at the lake. Our hair is wet from swimming a few minutes before and I'm kissing his cheek as he smiles into the camera. I also used this same photo as my profile picture online.

"I like that you added me to your wall." Aiden says as he falls into my bed. While he's laying there, I dig into my dresser for some pajamas, and go into my bathroom to change into them.

"What year is this from?" he asks me as I'm walking out of the bathroom, and I see he's in a yearbook.

"I'm not sure. I think it's our freshman year." I go to crawl into bed, and he scoots over close to the wall so I can get in, leaving the yearbook between us.

"God we look so different." he's looking at a picture of the baseball team that season.

"And that wasn't that long ago." I proclaim, and he nods while turning through the pages. He spots a group photo of me and my friends at the cafeteria table.

"I wish I knew you back then." He traces his finger over the picture, and grins over at me.

"You did know me."

"Well yeah, but I didn't know you how I know you now." he brushes his hand on my cheek.

"Better late than never." I say, and he pushes forward to kiss me.

"You were such a hottie." he's kissing all over my cheek and neck and I giggle.

"Hey, what about now?" I'm still laughing, and we start to fall down into the bed.

"Girl, you know I think you're hot." he winks at me.

We're laying on top of my covers, when he reaches over me to grab my remote to my TV. "Let's see what you've been watching?" when he turns on my TV it goes to the homepage, and Dawson's Creek is under the keep watching column.

"You gotta be shitting me." he's laughing.

"What!"

"How many times are you going to watch these?" he asks.

"Until I'm out of love with Pacey Witter." I claim, and Aiden snorts

"Pacey Witter? You like his character?" he's looking at me while on his side with his face sitting in his hand.

"How do you even know who he is?" I tease him back.

"Mora, I hate to break it to you, but every girl I know has watched this show. Over the years, I've seen an episode or two." he's still staring at me. "Anyway, Pacey is a nerd." he says and I'm offended.

"No way. He's not a nerd! He's so sweet, and cute." I'm standing up for a fictional character of a TV show. I've reached a new low with my geekiness. "He sacrificed his own best friend for the girl he loved!"

"Well what a crappy friend to even make him choose." he makes fun of me and I roll my eyes, and snatch the remote from him finding another show to watch.

For the next hour I lay in his arms, and we watch a stupid cartoon that he begged me to watch, and I'm almost asleep when he nudges me.

"Hey, It's getting late. I better head out." he brushes the hair out of my face, and I roll over so I can see his face.

"No." I say, and he smiles and kisses the corner of my mouth.

"I have to, my mom will freak if she gets up and I'm not home."