Chapter Forty

Our last day of school ended early, and Aiden is waiting outside in the hallway when my teacher finally releases us.

    "We're adults now." he smiles, and wraps his arm around my shoulders as we walk down the hall.

    "I'm not prepared." I cry, and he rolls his eyes.

    "You'll do great!" he assures me, and kisses my cheek. "Hey, have you picked out your graduation outfit?" he asks.

    "Yeah, I'm just going to wear a black dress that's already in my closet. What are you wearing?"

    "I think a black button up, with a black tie. Do you think that's too much black?" he asks, and I would usually say yes, but Aiden is always in black. He pulls it off better than anyone I know.

    "No, it's not too much." I answer, and stick my hand in his back pocket.

    "Feeling frisky today huh?" he grins at me, and I wink at him, and a moment later Sophie see's us in the hallway. She comes right up to us. "Good luck next year Aiden." she says, and he smiles at her.

    "Thanks." he says, and looks from her back to me. He's giving me that look to say something to her. I want to gag.

    "Have a good summer Sophie." is all I could come up with.

    "Whatever." she says, flipping her hair over her shoulder and struts off.

    I roll my eyes. "I'm so glad I don't have to see her face everyday again." I complain, and Aiden gives me a disappointing look. "What?" I'm annoyed.

    "She's been through a lot this year." he defends her.

    "Don't give me that crap. She gave me hell all year long for something out of my control." I justify my words.

    "She had her heart broken." he says, and I snort loudly.

    "What by Ross, or you?" he's pissing me off.

    "You know what I mean." but I don't.

    "Whatever Aiden. Might as well drop it, and agree to disagree on this one. I will never like her, just like you'll never like Ross, or Zoe, and so on." I make a good point, and he knows it because he doesn't say anything else.

    "What are you doing tonight?" he changes the subject.

    "Conner is coming home tonight, and we're going to go out and eat with dad, and probably go home and watch a movie or something."

    "Oh, cool."

    "What are you doing?" I ask.

    "I'm going to dad's tonight, and tomorrow he's taking me shopping for my graduation outfit."

    "Oh cool." I repeat his words, and he just rolls his eyes at me.

    "Am I going to see you before graduation?" he asks me before we leave the school.

    "Probably not. I'm hanging out with Conner all day tomorrow, and then Emily and I are getting dinner after." I'm suddenly over our argument, and I miss him already. I put my arm around his waist and lay my head on his arm as we walk outside.

    "Damn." he puffs out his lower lip at me.

    "I know." I respond, and stand on my tiptoes to kiss him before getting in the jeep to leave.

    We make-out for a few minutes before I go inside where dad is waiting on me. I'm alarmed when I see him.

    "Dad, I thought you were at work." I die inside imagining him seeing Aiden and I outside.