42. Her gift

Arjun Pov

After my birthday celebrations, I straight away went to hospital for emergency case.

For past two weeks, I always busy with so many things and works. I only can stay at hospital as I couldn't travel to home.

I was busy with shareholders meetings, Association meetings and conferences and also busy with surgery and consultancy for patients.

I need to go to Australia for one weeks regarding my research and the volunteers.

I couldn't meet or talk to Divya since my birthday and the weird things is she never called me all of this days. Are she alright?. At first, I didn't worried now I am really worried about her. I do ask about her to Nidhiya aunty and grandma. Both of them tell she was fine and she staying with Sandya as I'm not home.

It's really felt strange to spent a day without seeing her and listening to her ramblings. Although, I were not talking to her but she always will come meet or I can see her at home and sleep with her holding her in my arms.

I keep waiting for her calls but she didn't call me. Something really bothering me about her. I didn't feel good for past one week.

Beginning I wanted to call her but didn't as she didn't asked sorry to Sadhana and also grandma and aunty said she is fine. I couldn't forgive her stubbornness this time. Divya if she set something in her mind and it would be very hard for changing her mind.

I need to teach and guide her because before this she doesn't have anyone to teach her right and wrong and she do everything as her wished. Now she has me to guide her in right way.

It's really hard to stay angry on her and because of that I keep avoiding her all the time. Since I need to be angry to make her realised she did something wrong or not she won't realised it forever and will keep doing the same mistakes again.

I haven't open her gift yet as I forget about it. Since my birthday, I really become very busy even for eating also I don't have any time. I am really rushing in making everything finish in this year. So that, I can focus on Divya and it's become very hard for me to control my feelings on her nowadays.

My birthday celebrations was really beautiful. Sadhana has arrange everything just like I wished. I'm really grateful for Sadhana for that. She really made my birthday very special.

The only thing I feel bad was Divya. I noticed her throughout my birthday even I pretend not to. She look like lost kid and look very sad.

The happiness and smile on her face were missing. She fakes her smile and trying to look happy in front of others but I caught her. I noticed everything about her as I only look at her. I know when she were really happy and when she is not.

I thought she was sad because of my ignorance and my harsh behaviour towards her and I didn't give much importance because I know how to make her feel better.

Divya's sad face and her word's when she giving me her present didn't sit well on my heart. I feel  something different with her wish. It's sound like goodbye but I recover from my thoughts as it's impossible for Divya to leave me even everyone is left me. I have that much confident on her.

I didn't open the her gift at that time because Sadhana was there and I don't want to open it's in front of her. The gift are something special for me and Divya only. I don't want to show or share with anyone.

Finally, I reach home after an hectic one month. I straight away went to my room as everyone still sleeping and Divya at Sandya's house. I fresh up and have my breakfast and do some light exercises before went to sleep.