CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER 2

EMILY HART

"I hate you Emily. I hate you. How can you be so careless?"

"N-No. I didn't do anything. It was not my fault." I took a step forward but he moved away from me.

"Stay away."

"I don't know how it happened."

"Stop lying Emily. Stop lying."

"I'm not lying."

"Because of you she's dead."

"I-I am sorry. Please don't leave me." I cried.

"I said stay away from me. I hate you and I will always hate you."

"I am s-sorry. Please don't leave me Dante. Please."

"Dante. Sorry."

"Please Dante."

I woke up scared breathing heavily. When I looked down at myself, I was sweating.

Why? Why do I always get these dreams? Can't they just stop for at least once?

Sighing I got up from the bed when I looked at the clock it was 4 in the morning. Still too early. Coming out of the room, I made my way to Eth's room, to check on him. When I opened the door, the room was empty.

"This boy. Again, he is not back from the club. Or maybe with some girl. If he comes home drunk again I am sure this time Dad will surely kill him."

Closing the door, I made my way downstairs to find some food, last night I fell asleep without eating anything. Opening the fridge, I found some leftovers from yesterday, taking it out I placed them on the microwave. After the food was warm, I adjusted myself on the dining table and started eating.

I was eating quietly thinking again about my nightmare.

Thinking about that night.

That one night took so many things away from me.

Dad has told me many times not to think too much about it but how can I not. That night I lost him forever. For my carelessness, everything happened.

I still remember how we used to be earlier.

Me and Dante.

Thinking about it a smile made its way on my lips.

"Dante!" I called him as soon as I reached his place. That time I was around 17 and Dante was 19 .

"Dante!"

"Look who's here. My cute princess." Aunty said making me giggle.

"Aunty where is Dante? I was calling him, he didn't respond. Is he not home?"

"Maybe he didn't hear you he is upstairs in his room."

"I'll go and find him then." I was about to run upstairs when Aunty stopped me.

"Where's Eth, Em?"

"Eth, got a good scolding from Dad last night, so he is trying to be serious in life."

She laughed at me "And where's Dad?"

"He is out talking to Uncle." I replied and ran upstairs to Dante's room.

Slowly opening the door, I saw Dante focused on his laptop screen. Quietly I made my way inside and "BOO!"

Dante turned around with a surprised look clutching his chest. I burst into laughter looking at his face I sat on the bed holding my stomach laughing "Y-You look so funny."