CHAPTER FORTY FOUR

CHAPTER 44

EMILY HART

After he left, I remained rooted in my place trying not to break down. He has never been so rude to me before, whatever problem we had we always solved it by talking.

Maybe once he'll return, we can talk about it.

I went back to my room and changed into a baggy t-shirt and skinny jeans.

Today after so many days I'm finally going to visit my house. I left the penthouse and asked the driver to drive me to my house. Ringing the doorbell, Dad opened the door. At first, he was surprised to see me. I hugged him.

"I missed you Dad."

"Aww... My princess is here." Dad said then pulled away from the hug. He placed a kiss on my forehead.

"How are you?" I asked.

"Totally fit and fine. But look at you, you are glowing."

I giggled.

"I brought something for you."

"What?"

Taking out a box out of my bag, I gave it to him "Cookies!"

He smiled "I really missed them."

"I know that's why I brought them for you."

I sat on the couch and asked "Where's Eth?"

"He is still sleeping."

"Let me guess he returned late from the club."

"Bingo."

I chuckled.

Dad and I talked. It felt nice to finally meet him and have a 'daughter and Dad time'.

He went to wake Eth up, while I stared at my phone expecting atleast a message, but there was none from the person I wanted.

"You guys fought?" Eth said and took a seat beside me.

I shook my head "No."

"Okay, you're lying."

"We talked but it became complicated and he got mad." I said biting my lip.

Eth chuckled "He'll call you after sometime."

"It's been an hour he hasn't called yet."

"Did you by any chance caught him cheating?"

I hit his arm "It's not always about cheating Eth."

"What happened will you tell me? Maybe I can help."

I nodded "He is worried, like really worried about me."

"Is something wrong with you?" He asked worriedly.

"That's the problem, nothing is wrong I am fine everything is fine but he is still worried and I am damn sure it's Amanda."

"Amanda?"

I nodded "Dante never told anyone about this not even me, but last night I read his conversations with an unknown person it was Amanda."

"But how is it possible Em she is in the mental asylum, right?"

"I think she somehow escaped and now she's trying to hurt me."

"Hurt you? Why?"

"I bit my lips "As far as I could figure out by those text it's because she wants to destroy Dante."

He nodded "Which is possible only by hurting you, she thinks you are his weakness."

I nodded.

"Bitch."