CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER 20

EMILY HART

It's been 5 days now and I am totally fine but still Dante thinks that I should be careful and not walk around the house. He doesn't understand how boring it is to be here and do nothing at all.

About Dante, after our last conversation I always felt a bit uncomfortable around him. There was always an awkward silence when we were in the same room.

Today, for a change he is home, but in his office room as usual working. Getting frustrated I went out of my room and made my way to his office room. Knocking at the door, I went in. His eyes were fixed on the laptop screen. I noticed something he was wearing glasses and damn... he looks even more hot in glasses.

Focus Em.

He looked up from his laptop screen, seeing me his brows furrowed giving me a questioning look.

Making my way towards his table, I stood in front of him "I am bored."

"So?" He replied placing both his elbows on the table intervening his hands resting his chin on them.

"What do you mean so? I am bored."

"You have your phone and laptop with you do whatever you want." He replied and went back looking on his laptop.

I marched towards him and closed his laptop, he looked up "What the hell Emily?"

"It's been almost 7 days I am here, it's frustrating. Take me out." I demanded crossing my arms over my chest.

"You are sick Emily."

"No. I am not. I am completely fine. See." I twirled in front of him and showed him that I can perfectly walk now.

"No Emily. I have work." He said.

"Come on Dante, you work all the time. Just today please take me out."

"I said no."

"Why are you acting like a jerk?" I said getting irritated by all his no's.

"Did you just call me a jerk?" He asked in disbelief.

Oh shit. Em you are insulting the person who's gonna take you out after this he'll never take you out.

I gulped and shook my head, placing both my hands on my mouth "I'm sorry that was slip of tongue. But please take me out."

"No. Just go back to your room."

"Please Dante." I gave him puppy eyes.

"Emily."

"Please. Please. Please. Please." I whined.

He sighed "Fine. Where do you want to go?"

I shrugged "Maybe beachside, the weather is pretty cool today."

"I am not going for swimming Emily."

"I don't want to go for swimming either. We can just walk around it will be fun."

He nodded and got up from his seat, looking at the time he said "It's 4 now be ready by 4:30."

I nodded smiling he shook his head looking at me.

Running out of his office room I went back to my room, choosing something nice to wear I got all dressed up. It was still 4:20 and I was all ready but then I decided to go down. I went down but stopped when I saw Dante sitting on the couch all dressed up busy on his phone.

Dante looked up from his phone at me "You're early." Then he got up from the couch and slid his phone inside his pockets "Let's go."

We made our way towards his car, after buckling up the seatbelts Dante started driving.