CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER 12

DANTE ARMEL

EARLIER THAT DAY....

I was in my office, doing my work when suddenly my phone started ringing. I looked at the id it was Eth.

I answered the call. "Yeah."

"I went to the place you asked me to visit." He said.

I leaned back on the chair "Did you find anything?"

"You'll be surprised to know that your stepmother was adopted."

"What? That's not possible Eth. Mom never told me anything about this."

"Well the neighbours told me that she was adopted when she was ten and there are many more information about her, I'll mail everything to you."

"Yeah. Just do it quickly. I really don't have time."

"What about Em? Is she okay?"

"I'll be going to the mansion tonight."

"Just make sure she's okay."

"Trust me Eth, I am here to protect her."

"I do trust you but man Amanda, she's dangerous."

"I know and that's why I am so worried."

"Take care dude."

"You too. Bye."

I hung up and rubbed my face with my hands. I hope Emily doesn't get harm in all this.

My eyes then fell on the file that was kept on my table, Mom's post-mortem reports. Six years ago, there was nothing in the post-mortem reports now I can guess why. Amanda changed the reports with the fake ones.

But last week when I went to the beachside house, I found a knife covered in dried blood which was left for me as an evidence and Mom's real post-mortem reports.

3 months ago when I visited Dad and Amanda, Amanda carelessly left her phone unlocked and at the same time Logan was calling her. It shouldn't have been strange if I wouldn't have heard Logan's name before. Unfortunately, while my men were going through some old footages of the mansion. They found this guy around the mansion many times. When I saw the footages, one thing was clear that the guy visits the mansion everytime to meet someone. I asked for the footages of our beachside house to see if this man was anywhere around that day and to my surprise he was.

He was keeping an eye on the house for at least a week before the incident. The footages were damaged very badly but however they were managed to recover. I could've reached Logan easily but Amanda was always a step ahead of me, she always kept Logan safe so I couldn't reach him, but this time she made a mistake. This was what I needed.

I knew that it was someone from the family who did that fire thing since I saw the footages but I couldn't figure out who that person was. That day on seeing Logan's name on her phone, at first I couldn't believe it but then everything started making sense to me.

The electricity plug was not there? I was trying to find the plug and only the house members knew that where the electric supply of the house was.

Dad was with Emily's father.

Eth was at some club with Noah.

Charlotte was with the driver in some market.

Amanda was with-

For everyone there is one proof saying that they can't be the one present at the house except for Amanda.

She said she had some work, and she'll be back soon and she was back just after everything was over.