CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER 3

EMILY HART

"Can you believe this, he freakin' said that I don't understand him? Like me? Is he serious? I don't understand him? When we were in the college I was the one to always be with him, you too saw it." I was sitting facepalming myself with my elbows resting on the table, listening to him like I understand his sadness.

I nodded.

"When his parents threw him out of their house I was the one who gave him a place to stay in, lying to my innocent Mom and Dad saying that he is just a friend."

I nodded again.

"When he got drunk that day, I was the one to drop that ass back to his house."

I nodded.

"When it was all his fault, last time we broke up because of him but I still apologised."

I nodded.

"And in the end of everything what do I get?"

"That 'you don't understand him'." I replied.

"Exactly. Like seriously dude I understand you the most in this WHOLE SHITTY FUCKING WORLD." He shouted in frustration and everyone around looked at us like we were crazy.

I laughed nervously and replied to them "Boyfriend issues you know." I glared at Cole "Why are you telling everyone this?"

"I don't know. You really expect me to be fine right now? That asshole blamed everything on me. Like EVERY FUCKING THING."

I looked around to see everyone staring at us again with annoyance. "Sorry Sorry." I looked at Cole and said "We'll kick his ass off later but for now I beg you please stop shouting."

"Later? Not later but now. We need to do that now." With that he stood up all ready to fight, I held his hand making him sit back on his seat.

"We are not doing that now. Now let's have something to eat then we can go." I said.

I feel like banging my head on the table right now.

"Okay... that sounds good. But we are going."

"Yeah."

A few minutes later our order arrived, I started eating my chicken sandwich happily. Oh yeah, I love chicken sandwiches. They are the world's best dish.

"By the way, I forgot to ask you something." Cole said taking a bite of his burger.

"What?"

"Are you joining work?"

"Yep. From Monday I'll be joining."

"Waoh! My girl is finally doing something for herself."

I smiled "You know I'm hella nervous. This will be the first time, me working. You know I am getting mixed emotions. Like nervousness, excitement."

He laughed.

"Let's leave. I am craving for something really bad." I made puppy eyes.

"And what exactly are you craving for?"

"Ice cream. Please let's just have some."

He sighed then said "Okay. Let's go."

We were walking talking to each other, it's always fresh to spend time with Cole. He's just awesome, he's always chilled out and because of him I stay in control and I don't freak out.

On reaching home, I was making my way to my room when Dad called me. "Em."

I stopped on my tracks and turned to Dad. "Yes Dad."