CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER 13

EMILY HART

After work, I went to the café to meet Cole. Since yesterday I was getting impatient thinking about Dante.

He can't just do that he can't leave me like this hanging.

"Jerk." I muttered while walking.

When I was about to enter the café, I saw Adrian entering too. He smiled at me I smiled back.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." He replied shyly.

"Nice to see you again."

He chuckled.

Maybe he can tell me something about Dante.

They are really good friends.

I think yes.

"Umm... Adrian, Uh- did you meet Dante last night?" I asked.

His brows furrowed, then he shook his head "No."

I nodded lost in my thoughts.

"But yeah I called him last night."

"Was he like tensed or something?" U enquired again.

"Didn't feel like that."

"Okay thank you."

I was thinking about Dante again while moving forward when I suddenly stopped and turned around.

"Why are you sad?" I asked.

He shook his head trying to show he's fine.

I raised my brows "You know I thought we were friends."

"We are Emily, but it's something bad."

"Bad? What? Are you hurt?"

"Did Eth tell you about my mother?"

I nodded.

"She's just not recovering. It has been two years and she is still the same, there is no sign of recovery."

"She's getting the treatment, right?"

"She is but still nothing is working, I went to see her yesterday, she wasn't even able to recognise me."

Oh Jesus! That's really hurtful!

"I tried but she just couldn't, instead she pushed me away when I went closer to her."

"Just give it some time Adrian, 2 years is not enough for her to forget all the pain she went through. She needs time, maybe more than 10 years. You have to be strong."

"I am trying but she's my mother, seeing her in that condition hurts."

"I understand."

When my eyes travelled over his shoulder, I saw Dante making his way towards us busy looking at his phone.

He stopped when he realized our presence, looking up he first saw Adrian.

"Hey buddy." He said. Then his eyes landed on me he stared at me for sometime then said to Adrian "Let's go inside."

First, I went in then the both of them, I spotted Cole at one corner and made my way towards him, taking a seat in front of him I ordered my food.

"So, why so suddenly you cancelled the plan of clubbing?" I asked.

"Had some work in office." I nodded.

I looked to my right side and my eyes caught Dante who was busy staring at his phone.