CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER 11

EMILY HART

When I was about to leave office, Jason came to me.

"Hey Em." He said with a smile.

I smiled back "Hey Jason."

"Going back?"

"Yep. My time of working is over, since it's almost lunchtime so yeah."

"How about we have lunch together? I know a pretty good restaurant nearby."

I thought for sometime then said "Cool."

"This way." He said and we started walking.

"So, how's work?" I asked.

"Not good at all. Mr. Hart gave me the responsibility to look after all the projects coming by, and now I am totally fucked up."

"Dad asked you to look after all of them? Strange."

He laughed nervously "Umm... Actually, that's not the thing." I looked at him confused. "I wanted to impress him."

He didn't have to say anything else. "So you did this to yourself. Good."

We finally reached the restaurant, taking our seats I ordered for myself and Jason ordered his food. We continued our conversation "So any boyfriends?" He asked.

I smiled "Nope. Not yet."

"Strange."

"What's so strange in it?"

"Of course it's strange, such a pretty woman with no boyfriend."

I rolled my eyes.

"You want me to find you one?" He asked with a playful smirk playing on his lips.

"Oh no. If I wanted one my best friend is ready to provide me with one. He's just waiting for me to say 'yes' so that he can find someone for me. He has a list prepared with the name of the guys."

"Okay... Suggest my name too. If he wants to add more in that list of 'finding Emily a boyfriend'."

I laughed "Surely. I'll tell him about you."

"Who's number one now in that list?" He asked.

"Can we stop?"

"No seriously I want to know. So that I can prepare myself to wait."

"You really wanna know?"

"Of course."

"So the thing happened is that, he and I, we were in a cafe like hanging out normally. There he saw this certain someone who is my brother's friend too, and from that day he wants me to date that certain someone."

"And who that 'certain someone' is supposed to be?"

"You know AR Corporation?"

"Yeah, who doesn't? Let me guess, that guy works there." He said with a huge proud smile on his face.

"Umm... No." I replied shaking my head.

"Okay... How about a second try?"

"Go for it." I tried to boost him up.

"He is one of their rivals."

"Good one but still no."

"I can't think of anything else."

"He is the boss there." I said.

Jason stared at me with wide eyes and mouth hung open. I snapped my fingers in front of him.