CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

CHAPTER 22

EMILY HART

I woke up with a headache, my head was paining like hell. I sat up on the bed holding my head.

"Fuck this hurt like bitch." I groaned in pain.

"What happened? Shit I can't remember anything."

"Did I do something?"

"Fuck! What did I do?"

There was a sudden knock on my door, Charlotte came in with a tray in her hand.

"Good morning dear."

"Morning."

"Here is your breakfast and some medicines you might be needing them. Dante asked me to give them to you and he also asked you to meet him once you are done with your breakfast."

My eyes widened "W-Why?"

"What?" She asked in confusion.

"Why does he want to see me?"

"I don't know, he just asked me to inform you."

I nodded.

"He's in his office."

I nodded again and she left.

I made my way to the washroom, brushing my teeth I came back and had my breakfast, then took the medicines.

Slowly I made my way to Dante's office room, knocking at the door I went in. There he was leaning against his table with a file in his hand. He looked up from the file and smirked.

Placing the file on the table he slid his hands in his sweat pockets then said "Come here."

Looking down I slowly made my way towards him. When I was finally in front of him his hand came to my chin, making me look at him.

"You were drunk last night." His voice sounded calm.

Calm before the storm.

"I-" I started but he cuts me off.

"No just listen to me."

I shut my mouth instantly he removed his hand from my chin.

"What's wrong with you Emily? Are you really this careless?"

I shook my head.

He continued "You are not careless, then care to explain why you did what you did last night."

Looking down I bit my lips.

"I was there last night what if I wasn't there, how would have you returned home?"

"Cole was there." I murmured in a low voice.

He scoffed "Yeah Cole. The one who wasn't even able to stop you from drinking."

"I'm sorry. Please don't be mad. I promise it won't happen again."

I hate it when he gets mad at me.

He remained quiet for sometime, I could feel his eyes on me. I kept fidgeting with my fingers biting my lips.

"Are you okay now?"

I nodded.

"Good."

We stood there in silence then his phone rang, he picked up the call I was about to leave when he signalled me to stay. I stood rooted on my place.

He's acting like he's my Dad. Okay I get it that he is worried but he doesn't need to scare the shit out of me.

"Yeah do that, and I'll be joining tomorrow." Saying that he hung up.