CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

CHAPTER 33

DANTE ARMEL

What is wrong with you Emily? I have never seen you this scared. What is it that you are not telling me?

Emily was fast asleep but I just couldn't sleep. I just couldn't take out today's incident out of my head. She looked so scared.

From whom are you running Emily?

Finally, I got up from the bed, taking a last look at her I left the room. I knew exactly where I have to go now to get the answers of all my questions.

I made my way towards the poolside. Eth was there, staring at the sky blankly.

"Eth we need to talk." I said in a serious tone.

Eth turned around to look at me, then smiled "I knew you would come."

"What is wrong with Emily, Eth?"

"As much as I would love to tell you, but I can't." He replied.

I went closer to him "I am not in the mood to joke around right now, so just tell me."

Eth shook his head "I can't."

"Fucking tell me what is wrong with her!"

He pushed me away "I can't tell you Dante and if I tell you, what will change. You'll remain the same asshole that you are now."

Now I am really losing my temper.

"You'll still push her away and you'll still keep denying your feelings for her."

"Shut up and tell me what I want to hear."

"You're feeling bad for her? Why?"

"Don't test me Eth. Just tell me what the hell is wrong with her?"

He moved back shaking his head "No."

He turned back to leave "Eth, just tell me. Please. I can't see her broken, I can't see her scared, crying."

Eth stopped, then turned around "You can't see her broken? But you too are one of the people who broke her heart."

I know. I have always pushed her away because I don't trust myself. I have played with her feelings. I knew she loved me yet I acted oblivious to the fact.

"I know. But I want to correct my mistake. I want to be with her."

Eth went towards the table and started making drinks.

"Please Eth." I almost begged him this time.

"Let's have some drinks. You might need one."

My eyebrows furrowed.

Eth went and sat on the deck of the pool dipping his legs inside the water, he waited for me to join him. Sighing I went and sat beside him. He handed me a glass and took a sip from his.

"This is the real Emily, Dante. Completely broken. I still remember the day when Dad brought her home, she didn't utter a single word. I always tried to make her smile by making funny faces or pranking Dad, but she never smiled, she used to stay in one room completely lost. One day while I was trying stuffs like this, she started laughing suddenly looking at me holding her stomach. That was the first time I saw her smiling face and she looked adorable. My Em was looking just beautiful while laughing."

While Eth was talking, he was smiling I could imagine Emily laughing, it brought a light smile to my face too.

"Slowly Em and I, we became close to each other. We took care of each other's happiness. But whenever I used to ask her about her parents or past life, she would just avoid the question or leave. So we stopped asking her questions about her past life. She was just trying to run away from her past."