EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

TWO YEARS LATER

EMILY HART

As usual I was sitting in the cafe waiting for 'oh my dear best friend' to show up and he is as usual late.

I was impatiently tapping my feet, I have a huge news for him which is freaking me out and this asshole is making it worse.

After a good 10 minutes, my 'oh so dear best friend' decided to show up. He ordered some food for himself and made his way towards me, while I was already on my third sandwich.

Cole looked at the table which was once filled with foods with wide eyes then took a seat in front of me.

"Jesus! What has gotten into you?" He asked in disbelief while I continued stuffing the sandwich in my mouth.

He picked up the cans of coke "Two cokes empty and what's the sandwich number?"

I showed with my fingers three.

"You got to be kidding me."

Keeping the sandwich back on the tray I sighed "I have something to tell you but first promise me you won't freak out."

His brows furrowed "I won't."

"I am pregnant." I said.

"No freakin' way!" He whisper-yelled of course freaking out.

I nodded "You said you won't freak out. It's me who has to freak out not you."

"How many months is it?"

"What do you mean how many months? It's just 3 weeks."

"No wonder you were stuffing like a pig." I kicked his leg.

I covered my face with my hands "I don't know what to do now."

"What does that mean? Wait, is the child someone else's? Jesus! Are you cheating on Dante? Em I never expected this, not from you."

"No. What are you even thinking?"

"Then what's the problem? Tell him directly."

"He is the problem, last night there was a family dinner at our place then of course our Dads had to bring up the child topic."

"Yea parents, always pain in the ass. You continue." He said biting on the fries.

"So that time Dante said that he has no interest in having a baby and this morning I came to know that I'll be giving birth to his baby." I muttered frustratedly.

"Owww. So that's the problem."

I nodded "I don't know how will he react when I tell him this."

"Well according to me, he shouldn't blame you or be mad at you because babies tend to happen when you have sex and you both have sex almost every day."

"But we did use protection. I was on pills."

"Aww... My poor Em pills are 91% effective according to google."

I rolled my eyes.

"Which means 9% ineffective so...." He took a sip from the coke while I went back on biting my sandwich and thinking how will Dante react. I just hope he doesn't freak out.