CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER 4

DANTE ARMEL

When she ran out of the house crying that's when I realized what have I said.

"Are you crazy Dante? What the hell was that?" Dad yelled at me.

Without saying any other word I left the house. I knew this wasn't supposed to happen. This is the first time I saw her scared of me, and that moment I completely lost it. I never wanted her to be scared of me.

I didn't mean to scare her, but I got angry and couldn't control my anger. I was driving really fast I just wanted to go to that place.

Why are you doing this to me Emily?

Why? I can't see her tears but it's me who always makes her cry.

On reaching the place I got out of my car, this place is just the same as it was the night everything happened.

Same destroyed house.

Taking a deep breath, I went in but this time the house wasn't the same. Definitely someone was here before I arrived.

I looked around to find some clue about the person who visited this place, because whoever the person is, he is not from the family. No one from the family comes to this place since that night except me.

It was too dark, so switching on the mobile's flashlight I made my way towards the kitchen. This house is too small compared to our other mansions. It was just supposed to be a small vacation spot.

And as I expected, the someone who visited this place has left something for me. I went to the table looking closely I found a letter, a file and an evidence I guess, a light smile played on my lips.

"Got ya." I said looking at the evidence. Opening the letter, I started reading it.

Dante Armel,

This is for you. I hope you can find the rest by yourself, don't forget that fingerprints do last for long if kept safe.

A well-wisher.

I laughed.

"A well-wisher? Well I don't take you as one Logan." I mumbled looking at the letter with a smirk on my lips.

I made my way back to my car it was indeed a good idea to come here today.

Just one thing is scaring me, the person whom I am doubting shouldn't be involved in this, or everything would be over.

I drove as fast as I could back to my penthouse, on my way I called Antonio to pick up the evidence from my house and give it to the forensic for the identification of the fingerprints. On reaching the penthouse, I made my way straight to my room and called Dr. George, he's one of Dad's friend.

"Dante?"

"Uncle I have a favour to ask for."

"Anything."

"I have sent one of my man he'll hand over something to you I want the fingerprints. And I'll get you another set of fingerprints later I want you to match them."

"But-"

"Please Uncle. I can't answer any of your questions right now but please I need your help."

"Okay Dante, but how old are those fingerprints."

"6 years."

"Dante that's too long. How are you sure that there are still any fingerprints left?"

"Fingerprints does remain if they are kept safe as an evidence and according to my knowledge they lasts longer on non-porous surfaces."

I heard him sigh "They do. But Dante I can't promise you anything but yes I'll try my best to get the fingerprints if any."