CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

CHAPTER 39

EMILY HART

I went back to my room. Changing into something comfortable, I sat on the bed expecting at least a message from him but how can I forget he is Dante Armel why would he keep aside attitude.

He is so irritating "It's not like I have an option. He needs to understand I can't just leave everything and move in with him. We haven't even told anyone that we are in a relationship."

"Why? Why always he has to act like a jerk?" I said to myself staring at my phone.

"Who's acting like a jerk?" Eth's voice came from the door I looked in front to see him standing by the door eyeing me suspiciously. My eyes widened. He came inside and sat beside me on the bed.

"So who's acting like a jerk?" He asked.

I shook my head "N-No one." Fuck why on earth did I stutter.

"Great! Now you too lying to me."

"I am not." 

Lies. Lies.

"Em, we both know it so just take everything out from that stomach of yours."

"It's really nothing Eth."

"Is it?" He smirked looking at me, I looked away. Eth wrapped one hand around me and said "You can't lie to me and you too know that very well. Fine if you want to keep it as a secret but sisty we both know Dante Armel, he's never gonna say sorry even if it's his mistake."

I bit my lips looking down.

I know that very well. He's not gonna call.

"So my suggestion to you is either both of you keep that ego and don't talk to each other or someone has to keep aside their ego and talk to the other. The choice is all yours."

He's right, that's how relationship works, right? But my question is why can't he do that. Why I have to be the one to say sorry?

"Did I sort your problem?" Eth asked smirking.

I looked at him trying to act innocent "I don't know what are you talking about."

Eth chuckled.

"Let's just forget this topic, you tell me how was your sightseeing? You guys were late too last night." I asked trying to change the topic.

"Yeah fine."

"Just fine?"

"What do you expect? All the time we had to listen to Layla and it was damn annoying."

I laughed.

He sighed "You are okay now, right?"

"Huh?"

"After the Augustine thing we didn't get to talk much."

I nodded "I am fine Eth. Don't worry."

"And you have started trusting someone, I see."

I smiled.

"I am so happy. I can now see a lot of recovery in your condition. And also he has taken very good care of you."

Okay now he's teasing me.

"Et-" I was cut off, at the same time my phone started ringing. I looked at the id, it was Dante. A smile made its way on my lips.

Eth chuckled "Your man is so whipped." He then got up and said "Well I'll be leaving now, you guys can continue with your lovey-dovey chats." With that Eth left my room. Locking the door, I picked up the call.