Chapter # 5

Asalam o Alaikum and Hello beauties!!!

New update as promised...

Enjoy the update 😉

Read the author note plzzzzzzzzsssss

...................❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️...................

Thwarting, frustration, and exasperation, those are the emotions he felt in the past two weeks.

Time is flying and they still didn't get any clue about the person who was after her life.

Everything came back blank, every hint, every clue, and every hope face a dead end.

Their best tracker, best hacker, heck even their best spy can't find anything.

It's like they are searching for the death itself, a ghost and with each passing day, Mustafa's patience was running low.

Everyone was testing his patience especially his family and a certain girl who was adamant about driving him crazy.

He stood nearby the window in his home office as he looked down in the garden where the reason for his frustration and exasperation enjoy the amazing weather.

Let's just say Maria Chaudhary was doing everything in her power to irritate and challenge Mustafa Makhdoom.

If he said it morning then she will oppose it even when it's the other way around.

Just like she was doing in these two weeks, he wanted her to stay put but she will always sneak around and he was on a killing spree.

He sighed and shook his head as he looked at her enjoying the breeze and smiling at the sky but that smile didn't soothe his heart, it scared him.

He was scared, the big bad mafia man was scared for a girl's life who had already given up.

She was so open about this situation that Mustafa felt like he will fail again.

He had already done once when he saw his wife, her sister dying. He was not able to protect her but he will turn the world upside down if it means that Maria will be saved and alive.

He sighed as he pulled his phone out of his pocket and called his security head who was dictated to be always around her.

"Laiq... She is alone in the garden area... Yeah, make sure someone kept eye on her... And keep the security double on the parameters... Keep our best men in that area... Also, make sure the men on duty will be either married and serious about this... I don't want any mistakes,"

He didn't greet his man as he just gives him the order and put the phone away and giving a last look to the stubborn woman he steps aside.

He sat beside his chair as he looked at the papers in front of him.

He came back home just to keep his promise that he made with Arsalan Chaudhary to protect his family.

But now the whole town knew that he came back and they wanted him to resume his leadership.

He didn't know he can but he knew that his people still love and respect him even when he was selfish and left them without any leader for years.

He looked at the family photo on his desk, not one thing is out of place.

Not even a pencil, it's the same as he left and it was giving a feeling of  nostalgia and longing.

They were all happy and good two years ago, they had warmth, affection, and love but not peace, because this life never entrusted peace.