Chapter # 16

Asalam o Alaikum and Hello beauties!!!

First of all... Eid ul adha Mubarak!!!

I hope you guys miss this book because I am back with this blast...

Let's get this show on the road people...

Keep loving and supporting ❤️

Enjoy the update ☺️❤️

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

"ہے وہ پیشِ نظر جِدھر جاؤں۔۔۔
ہائے میں کیا کروں، کدھر جاؤں!؟"

(Hain Wo pesh-e-nazar jidhr jao...
Haye main kya kro, kidhr jao..!?)

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

The room was shadowed by the darkness without any light as it's already dinner time, the dark mahogany office was surrounded by many demons but the demons inside his mind overpowering everything.

The game was hard, it's life vs death, wisdom Vs emotions, power Vs weakness, with no mercy, but the man of the hour was fixated on the chess piece rolling between his fingertips.

His dark eyes roaming the board as he accessed his next move while his mind facing many brewing storms, he was facing alone.

His hands twitched in anticipation but he needs to play smarter, he was trying to protect someone, his strength yet his biggest weakness.

He had to play without any remorse, without regret, without feelings, without mercy because he was playing against himself.

With a final move, he placed his knight beside the queen, letting his important piece die in the hands of the enemy.

The knight was then moved and in one strike the game is over.

"CHECK AND MATE...,"

His lips twitched as he looked at the chessboard looking at the defeated king who was sacrificed to protect the queen, the knight does his duty, declaring the end.

"You know you lost... right? Then why all smiles?"

Mustafa looked up at Armaan with a small sadistic smile while he picks the defeated king from his side.

"It protects its Queen... That's all required...,"

Mustafa knows he lost the game but he was not a bit angst because this was their 5th game and the only one where Mustafa Makhdoom saw his queen in danger.

Armaan just keeps looking at his friend who was like this for two weeks.

He knows his friend's words had a double meaning; he was not just talking about the chess Queen.

He was talking about his Queen, the one he was ignoring, more like hiding.

Mustafa had dark eye bags under his eyes, he didn't eat or sleep properly, for two weeks he was working day and night on Maria stalker case.

Since that day he can't face Maria without feeling guilt and sorrow so he just went to his room at midnight when he was sure she was asleep, and get clothes for the next day.

He was camping in his office or spend the whole day in their warehouse handling the town work.

Mustafa looked at the wall clock and then his watch with raised eyebrows and a frown on his face that aged in few days.