Chapter 29 | Sweater Weather

My eyes fluttered open, the bright light shining in through the tiny crack in the curtain causing them to sting.

I yawned, looking around the room, noticing my mate asleep next to me, his arm dangling over my stomach, a slight snore escaping from his mouth.

Chuckling, I pushed the covers off of me, padding my way across the room and hopping in the shower, smiling to myself as the boiling hot water cascaded down my body, bringing back memories of last night.

I hadn't imagined finally sleeping with Dylan to feel so good, but it was beyond anything I could have imagined. The way he kissed down the insides of my legs, teasing me, leaving me squirming underneath him.

The way Dylan's muscles felt underneath my hands was mesmerising, slightly tensing and untensing every time I made a sound.

I was worried my Father had heard, and I knew that conversation would be very embarrassing, worried he would have a few things to say about 'safety'.

I stepped out of the shower, gasping as Dylan stood smirking at me on the other side of the curtain, causing me to jump.

"You scared me," I mumbled as I shook my head, squealing as Dylan picked me up, placing his hands underneath my bare backside and hoisting me up so my legs were wrapped around his waist. 

"You're so beautiful," whispered my mate as he pressed his lips to mine, kissing me passionately, his tongue exploring my mouth, causing me to moan.

He spun around, placing me on the bathroom counter, pressing his body against mine as he placed gentle kisses down my neck, his hands massaging my back.

"My Dad is going to hear us," I laughed, gently pushing Dylan away, causing him to huff, chuckling.

"You didn't seem to care last night."

Scoffing, I shook my head, hopping off the counter and rummaging through my draws, raking my paddle brush through my hair. "I want to visit your pack today."

"Today?" asked Dylan from the shower, peeking his head out from behind the curtain.

"Is that okay? Is there time?"

Dylan squinted his eyes, thinking for a second before nodding, a smile making its way up onto his face. "I have to be back by four for my training session, but if we leave soon, we should have time."

I was nervous about meeting Dylan's Mother, worried that she may not like me, but I wanted to get it over and done with, knowing it would be one less thing on my mind, reducing the amount of stress I was feeling right now.

After pulling on a pair of ripped jeans and a red knitted sweatshirt, I made my way down to Jared's room, peeking through the door to see my brother sound asleep, his face calm and peaceful, causing me to smile sadly.

"Are you going out?"

I whirled around at my Father's voice, sighing as I ran my hands through my damp hair. "Yeah, I'm going to visit Dylan's pack for a few hours, but I'll be back later."

"Okay, Jared woke up last night and made himself some food, which is a very good sign. I think he's starting to feel more like himself," stated my Father, smiling down at me.

"I'm glad he's getting better, I can't stand seeing him like this," I replied, shutting Jared's door fully, just in case our conversation woke him.

"How are you feeling though, Clara? You went through a lot."

I sighed, shaking my head. "I'm just happy everyone's alive."

"Except Sawyer," growled my Father, shaking his head.