4. An Unexpected Visitor

I wake up to drums and pans that are being hit really hard. "Shut up!" I yell at Alex and Reggie.

"Dude, how do you sleep so long?" Alex asks as I look at my watch and widen my eyes at the time.

"I gotta get dressed!" I shout.

"What's the hurry?" Alex says.

"We have that meeting today, remember?" I say, "And I don't know what time it's gonna be at, so I want to be ready so I'm prepared if she comes early."

Julie walks in, "Okay guys, time to get ready!" She yells.

"Told ya." I whisper to Alex and Reggie with a smirk.

"When is the meeting?" Reggie asks.

"It's at 12:00." Julie says.

"Woah, it's already 10:30." Why did I sleep so long? Oh well, I gotta get ready so we can rehearse.

(10 minutes later)

"Okay guys I'm ready!" I yell.

"Guys?" I look around the room, but no one is here...

Then I see them, Julie is talking to someone outside.

"Hey Jul-" I start to say and then realize who she is talking to.

"Mom...?"

My mom looked over to where she heard a familiar voice.

I quickly ducked down behind the drum set in the studio(Imagine the scene in "Unsaid Emily" where he hides behind the bushes.)

"So, Emily what did you want to talk about?" Julie asks.

"Well, I know this is going to sound crazy, but I've been watching videos and saw the Edge of Great performance." She pauses for a moment and begins to tear up. "And I swear that I saw Luke, Reggie, and Alex playing."

Julie's eyes widened and she noticed me behind the drums, and gave me a look that said "come over here." So I stood up slowly and eventually made my way over to my mom.

My mom started crying and I saw that she was looking straight at me.

Julie and I's eyes widened as soon as we figured out what had just happened.

"My baby..." Emily started to say.

"M-mom?" I said. She went to hug me, and I hugged her back. Wait a sec, I just hugged her, and I didn't go right through her.

Julie started to cry.

"Wait, Luke, how are you alive?" She looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

"It's a long story, hey Julie can we sit in the studio and tell her?" Julie shook her head, yes.

I lead my mom into the studio and sat down and patted a spot next to me for her to sit at. Julie sat next to my mom.

"So it all started when I played a Sunset Curve demo CD."

(Julie and Luke take turns telling Emily everything that happened.)

By the time we finished telling Emily the story of how we met and became a band and everything that happened it was 11:30.

"Oh no, I say as I look at my watch. It's 11:33."

"What's going on at 11:33?" My mom asked.

"We have a meeting with a manger at 12:00. We should probably rehearse." Julie said.

"Okay, well maybe I could watch you guys play sometime soon, and I want to catch up."

Julie and I nod and smile, just as Reggie and Alex come into the room and yell, "HI MRS. PATTERSON!!!!!" They run over to her and give her a hug. She hugs back and starts to laugh.

"Hi Alex, hi Reggie." She smiled and pulled away from the tiny group hug.

"Well, I better go, it sounds like you guys have a pretty important meeting. Good luck!"

She walks out and drives away. I look at her until she's out of my sight. My eyes tears up. Then Julie hugs me from behind and rests her head on my arm.

"If you need me to reschedule the meeting, I can." I look at her, and shake my head, yes.

"I just don't think that I'll be able to focus after that." Julie nods slightly and calls Betty.

I hug her and kiss her cheek. She giggles and pulls away and walks over to the couch and pats a spot next to her, telling me to come over and sit next to her. So I do.

Alex and Reggie make their way out of the studio to give us some space.

"So, this may or may not be the time to talk about this but, Luke, what are we?" Julie asks.

"What do you want us to be?" I say with a slight smile.

"Whatever you want us to be, Luke."

"How about I take you out on a proper date this Friday." I say to her.

Her eyes light up and a smile eventually creeps onto her face.

"Yeah! That would be great!" She says excitedly.

"Wait, what about your dad?" I ask?

"What about my dad?" Julie asks with a confused face.

"Well, he still doesn't know that 3 teenage boys are living in your mom's studio."

"Yeah, you're right..." Julie says. "How about tonight, I'll tell me dad that you guys are in town and wanted to meet him. He has been wanting to meet you guys for a long time now so he will happily have you guys for dinner."

"Ok, sounds like a plan, I'll go and try to find the boys, who knows where they went, wish me luck!" I say.

"Good luck!" Julie shouts just before I try to poof out of the studio. "You look like you are trying to poop, please stop." She says while laughing.

"I'm trying to poof out but I can't for some reason." I say, worriedly.

"Wait a second, your mom could see and touch you, and you can't poof out, and I can touch you. Do you think that you guys have been given a second chance at life?" Julie asks.

"Holy crap! I think so! That's probably why it's taking the boys so long to get back home." I say.

"So that means that Betty will be able to see us and we won't have to play the stupid 'I focus better if I play' act!" I say excitedly.

"Yep, speaking of Betty I should probably reschedule that meeting. And you probably don't have to worry about Caleb anymore either." Julie says.

"Oh yeah, that's right, Caleb..."