30. Busy Mom and Dad

Julie wakes up about an hour after me which is unusual. She tries to wobble down the stairs but I can't risk her or the baby to get hurt, so I run up to steady her.

We get downstairs safely and get ready and eat breakfast.

"Hey, I'm gonna take Nova for a walk outside, be back in 5." I say, hooking the leash onto Nova.

I walk back in and see Julie hunched over.

"Ughhh!" She groans.

"Okay, time to go!" I say, grabbing the bag filled with essentials and stuff in it.

"Babe, it hurts so bad!" She cries.

"I know, I know, we are almost to the hospital. Hang in there. You are a strong, beautiful, talented woman. You'll do this babe, I know you will." I take her hand and she squeezes it, HARD.

I wince a little from all the squeezing she's been doing to my hand.

We arrive at the hospital and I yell.

"My girlfriend's in labor!"

A nurse quickly sits Julie down in a wheelchair and brings her to the nearest delivery room.

"Okay, I'm gonna need you to breathe, in and out." The nurse says.

The Obstretician comes in shortly after and does what he needs to do.

After 6 hours of screaming, squeezing, crying, and encouraging. Julie's ready to push.

Julie pushes hard and a lot and it kills me to see her like this but she'll be happy she went through it at the end of the day. Or night.

A couple minutes later the baby comes out.

The doctor smiles, "here's the next one!" He says.

"Aww- wait. Next one?!" I say.

The doctor whispers in Julie's ear.

She gasped with a wide grin and kept pushing.

Oh my god, she keeps pushing, there's more than 2?!

Then out comes another one.

And one last one 3 minutes after that one.

I cry happy tears when I see two nurses come out with two babies in each hand, handing two to me and two to Julie.

I sit down next to Julie in a stray chair that was in the room.

"Wait, Jules."

"Yeah?" She asks nervously.

"We have 3 girls and a boy. I can tell by the blanket colors." I say with a smile.

"You're right, and I already have a name for two of them."

"Yeah? What are they?"

"Harmony Rose and Apollo Gunner."

"How did you come up with the last one, and I know how you came up with the first one." I ask.

"Well, Apollo is the God of Music and Dance, and Gunner means Warrior. And I think it will fit our son very well."

"I think so too, I though of a girl and boy name, but I'll just tell you the girl name and we can decide the last girl name together." I say.

"Okay, let's hear it!" She says, obviously excited.

"Aspen Dahlia." I say.

Julie puts her hand over her mouth.

"I love it! Where did you come up with Aspen, though?"

"Well, Aspens have been said to protect buried treasure. And our daughter is a treasure to us, so, that's how I came up with Aspen."

"Aww Luke. I love you so much I hope you know that."

"I know, but I love you more."

"Okay I'd love to fight with you another time but let's give this last girl a name." She says.

"Okay, I'll think of a middle name and you think of a first name and we'll see if it sounds good together." I suggest.

She nods and we start brainstorming.

"Harper!"

"Lyric!"

We gasp in unison.

"We not only said ours at the same time, but also created a killer name!" I say, very excited.

"Yeah, we did create a killer name, didn't we?"

I kiss Julie's forehead, then each of the babies' and then I call Alex, Reggie, and Flynn. Julie calls the parents, Tía and Carlos.

20 minutes later everyone gets there.

Everyone waits in the waiting room while Flynn goes up to the desk and asks how many people can go see Julie.

"4 people can go at a time. Ray, Tía, and Carlos, how about you 3 go in now, then Emily, you and Mitch can go in next, then Alex, Reggie and I will go in." Flynn says.

Everyone nods in agreement.

Well... that was umm unexpected. How are you guys liking it so far? Please give me any ideas you have in the comments and I'll try to make them come true and I promise I will give credit.

Liz <3