19. I Need To Find Them

Julie's POV...

What does this even say? Wait a minute. It says Julie please come help us. we are hostage in Caleb's room. Please Julie, it really hurts... ~Luke

I break down right where I'm standing and start balling my eyes out. My dad rushes in shortly after.

"What happened!" He yells and run over to me rubbing my back.

"T-the guys are b-being held h-hostage at C-Calebs c-club." I say, struggling to get the words out.

"Who's Caleb?" My dad asks me, confused.

"Oh, I f-forgot to tell you about h-him." I try to say.

"Honey, how about you calm down a bit and then tell me. Take a few deep breaths." He says. I do what he says and I can speak a little more clearer now.

"Okay, so Caleb is a really bad ghost that the boys met one night while trying to learn a few ghost tricks. And Caleb wants them to join his house band. The guys told him that they already had a band and Caleb didn't take no for an answer. So he put stamps on the boys and basically he threatened to keep them on them until they were either dead for good, found out a way to cross-over, or join his house band. So I would have lost them either way, but after the Orpheum, we could touch each other. And I felt their chests and there was a heartbeat. And ever since Caleb found out that they were alive again. He's been mad and he stole the boys' instruments the night of the dinner we had together, and so we planned to get the instruments back. And we ended up getting rid of Caleb that night or so we thought. And I just got a letter from Luke saying that Caleb is holding them hostage and he's hurting them. I guess we didn't get rid of him." I say very fast speeding up every time I say Caleb or Luke's name.

My dad calms me down a little bit.

"Hey, we'll get them back." He says.

"Where is this Caleb guy located." He asks.

"The Hollywood Ghost Club."

"Where is that?"

"Come on let's go, I'll take you and maybe we can find the boys." I say, already running out to the car.

We drive to the Hollywood Ghost Club. I run into it and look for Caleb's room again.

It's locked again. And I forgot to bring a bobby-pin.

"Hey dad, do you have paper clip or anything like that? I ask him.

"Umm, ooh! I have a pen!" He says.

"Perfect!" I say, taking it from him.

I take the cap off of the pen and stick the cap in the lock and eventually break the lock.

I bust in and see a horrible sight. There they are, Reggie's chair is on the ground with him still in it. Alex looks like he's barely slept. By now it's probably 12:00, so it's really late. Luke is the worst looking, he has bruises on his wrists and hands. There are scratches on his ankles. And his eyes are droopy and there bags under his eyes. Tears start to fall out of his eyes. He has tape over his mouth so he can't talk. He's sweating a lot, and breathing heavy. I'm assuming from trying to get out of that horrible situation.

I run over to him and try to get him free. But zaps run through body and I stumble back and fall. Causing a loud thud. Then I hear footsteps coming down the long, narrow hallway.