38. Juke Lives On

It's the day of Julie and I's wedding.

Here's the list of people in the wedding. I'm kind of overwhelmed.

Groom: Lucas Patterson
Bride: Julie Molina
Best Man: Alexander Mercer
Groomsman: Reginald Peters
Groomsman: Carlos Molina
Jr. Groomsman: Aspen Patterson
Maid of Honor: Flynn Taylor
Bridesmaid: Carrie Wilson
Bridesmaid: Kayla Baker
Jr. Bridesmaid: Harper Patterson
Ring Bearer: Apollo Patterson
Flower Girl: Harmony Patterson

Hey, who said the jr groomsman had to be a boy? My jr groomsman is a groomswoman.

And I couldn't pick between Alex and Reggie for the Best Man so we had to flip a coin. And Alex won, when does he not.

I would've had Willie as a groomsman but then it would be uneven.

Ray is in here helping me get all ready because it's almost time for me to walk out.

"I gotta go soon, but I promise that it's not as hard as you think it is." He says as he pats me on the back then leaves.

This is my suit...

Yeah I totally didn't wear what I wore for Stand Tall

Here are Alex and Reggie's suits.

Yeah they definitely didn't wear theirs either

It's time to walk out to the alter now. I'm so nervous and I'm 100% sure I'm gonna cry when Julie walks out.

Carrie and Reggie come out first and go to their side. Then Kayla and Carlos. And then Harper and Aspen.

Then Apollo comes out and hands the rings to me.

Then Harmony spreads the flower petals. Which were Dahlias. In honor of my mother in law. And Julie's mom.

Then, I see her. Arm in arm with Ray. I feel a tear coming. I'm holding it in... I'm still holding it in... nope, I'm crying now.

This is her dress

I can't handle this

I can't handle this. I'm crying... IM CRYING.

I can't see her face yet because of the veil.

Ray kisses her cheek and let's go of her arm before officially handing her off to me. I took his little girl, and I'm going to treat her right. I swear I saw a tear fall from his face when he smiled at me.

It's time to lift her veil and when I do I am fighting back MASSIVE tears. Bruh, I've been with her for what? YEARS?! And I am crying. I mean who wouldn't though? She's a freakin goddess.

The priest quiets everyone, telling them that it is time to start the ceremony.

"Do you, Lucas Patterson, take Julie Molina, to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, for sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

"I do."

"Do you, Julie Molina, take Lucas Patterson, to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, for sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

"I do."

"Exchange rings." The priest says.

We exchange rings and then look at the priest.

"You may now kiss the bride." He says as he glances from me to Julie.

I kiss her.

I just kissed my wife. Oh my god, I just kissed my wife. I have a wife now... Julie is my wife...

Nova comes trotting down the path and rubs against us.

"Aww, hey old girl. We're officially husband and wife now. Thanks for the advice."

"Advice?" Julie asks, with a curious look.

"I'll tell you later, we have to get to our get-away car!"

Ray stops us.

"I have a surprise for you. Alex, Reggie, and I have been working on it for a while and wanted to surprise you. It's done exclusively by us, and it's for the whole band. But right now, it's gonna be your get-away car."

When he says this, he turns a corner and shows us a van that says 'Julie and the Phantoms', with three little ghosts, dahlias, and our instruments all over it. And a 'Just Married' sign on the back.

"Oh my god! Ray! I love it! It's perfect!" I hug him so hard that I think I heard his back crack. Hopefully I didn't hurt him too bad.

"Now, don't go crazy, we've got wedding cake to eat."

I give him a thumbs up and we run over to the band as he walks away.

"Julie?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you so much. I love your family, I love your personality, I just love everything about you and I'm so glad that you said yes in front of all those people even though you were probably very overwhe-" She cuts me off by kissing me.

"Luke, stop. I love you too, but we've got some showing off to do!"

We hit the road and go on the highway. We pass cars and a lot of them beeped. Julie sticks her head out the window and waves at people. And I just roll down my window and wave since I'm driving.

1 hour later...

We are back from our tiny trip. And head to the reception area. We have our meal at the head table. And exchange the pieces of cake, then give everyone else a slice.

And now it's dancing time.

The first is the Newly Weds Dance. Of course we picked Perfect Harmony by Julie and the Phantoms.

Next, it's the Mother, Son dance. My mom and I picked My Wish by Rascal Flatts. Even though it's a country song, it was the best choice.

Next, it was the Father, Daughter dance. Ray and Julie picked 'I Loved Her First' by Heartland. Another country song, but another perfect choice.

The rest of the night we dance and then it comes time for Julie to throw her bouquet. So all the single women group together. Julie tosses the bouquet behind her and...

Keep going...

Almost there...

Nova catches the bouquet in her teeth and everyone laughs.

It's now time to clean up and go home. We decide to keep the van at our house because we have the most garage space.

And with a van, we'll be able to take one car to gigs instead of two.

But we'll worry about that after the honeymoon.

OH MY GOD! They finally sealed the deal with the special kiss. And the band got a new rig for a new gig. (See what I did there? No? Okay.) Well, I'm gonna write an epilogue and then that wraps it up for this book! I can't believe this book has over 4k reads, I honestly thought that it wasn't going to get over 500... Thank you so much, I truly am thankful for your support and ideas. Is there any other Juke or just JATP in general books that you'd like me to write? Tell me in the comments. Til next time...

Liz <3