28. Nursery Shopping

3 months later...

Luke woke up to Julie shaking him with a huge smile on her face.

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!"

"Ughhh, what...?"

"2 words."

"Umm, 'breakfast time'?"

"No, Nursery shopping."

"Okay, I'll get up. But only if you make me waffles."

Luke gives her a dumb little smile and big hazel puppy eyes.

"Ugh, fine!"

"Eeeeeeee!"

Luke jumps out of bed, hugs her, and runs downstairs and takes Nova out for a walk.

By the time they get back, his waffles are ready. So he sits down and eats them.

"So, just in case you need a reminder. We decided on neutral colors because we wanted the gender to be a surprise, right?"

"Myeahhh." Luke said through a mouthful of waffles.

"Ok at least I remembered it right."

Julie starts pacing, obviously trying to remember everything that needs to get done today.

Luke pull her shirt and she stumbles into his lap.

"Hun, you gotta relax."

Julie just looks at him.

Luke looks at her out of the corner of his eye.

"Mwhat? Do I have shumfing on my faysh?"

Julie giggles.

"No, I'm just happy that I have you."

I cute lil smile plays on his face.

"I'm happy I have you, too."

She places a kiss on his forehead and gets up to take his plate over to the sink.

They go get dressed, then leave to go to the baby shop.

Julie opened the doors and Luke thinks he can literally see hearts in her eyes.

He chuckles, then walks over to a crib.

"Hey Jules, come look at this one."

It was a brown crib and it looked the perfect size for the little room that was waiting to be filled.

"Oh my... this is beautiful."

"I know, do you think this is the one?"

She looks up at him and nods.

Then they walk over to the other side of the room and pick out a few blankets and pacifiers.

They walk over to the cashier and tell her what crib they want and pay for the other stuff along with the crib.

They walk out with Luke carrying a huge box in his arms and Julie carrying a little plastic bag.

They slowly made it to their car. Then Luke's eyes widen.

"Get in the car. Quick." He says through gritted teeth.

"What? Okay."

She does as he tells her to.

"I just saw my parents."

"Oh my gosh, what are you waiting for! Drive!"

They quickly drive back to their house.

"That was a close one." He sighs wiping a hand on his forehead.

"Yeah, but, we can't hide this forever." She says, waving a hand over her slight bump.

"Yeah, I know, when do we think we should tell Ray and my parents?"

"How about after we set the crib up."

"Okay, sounds good."

They start working on the crib, then Flynn walks through the front door.

"Hey ya'll! Ooooh! Crib building! Need any help?"

"Yeah sure, all the help we can get. Grab a screwdriver and sit your butt down!" Julie yells at her best friend.

They finish in about 2 hours with Flynn's help.

"Okay, so we are going to invite my dad, Tia, Carlos, Mitch, and Emily over today. We have decided it's time to tell them."

"Alright, I'll leave you two to it, then. Good luck!" Flynn makes her way to the door. Before she leaves she hugs Julie and whispers something in Luke's ear. His eyes widen. She walks out the door and just stares at the closed opening in front of him.

"What did she say?"

"That if anything happens, it's all my fault, and umm, she knows where I live, and uh...um she'll go Full Flynn Mode on me." He gulps.

"I don't think you want her to go Full Flynn Mode on you so, don't mess this up, Patterson." She giggles and stands up on her tiptoes to kiss him on the cheek.

"Oh god..." he manages to get out. Refusing to take his eyes off of that door.

Julie calls her dad and invites him over and asks him if he could bring Tia, too.

Luke calls his parents's home phone and invites them over.

"Now we wait." Julie says.

"Now we wait." Luke replies.

So sorry it took me so long to update. Just a lot has happened in the past few weeks. I'm back now though. Hopefully I can get another chapter out by the end of the week. And wow! 1.56k reads! Thank you so much! Comment any ideas of what you want to see in this book. Or just some suggestions on what ships to add in. I think I'll be adding more Relynn in here because they aren't in here as much as Juke and Willex.

Liz <3