27. How Will He Take It?

Julie's POV *again*...

I wake up the next morning with Flynn sleeping next to me, and Luke sleeping on the floor next to Nova. I laugh quietly. I get up and take a shower and get ready for the day.

Flynn must have thrown away the tests and taken the garbage out. Thank god for her.

I take Nova outside, but I go outside with her this time. After a year you'd think she'd know that digging is not good, for our house at least, it's only so big and I don't want mud all over the floors.

Flynn comes down the stairs, and then a couple minutes later Luke comes down too.

They both yawn, I guess Luke actually slept in this morning.

"Hey babe, me and Flynn are gonna grab drinks from the cafe, do you want anything?" I ask Luke.

"Yeah, I'll have whatever you have." He says with heavy eyes.

"Okay, we'll be back soon." I say as Flynn and I walk out to my car.

"So how are you gonna tell him?" Flynn asks me.

"I'll know in the moment." I say, as a tear drips down my face.

"Hey..." Flynn replies.

"You're gonna get through this. And don't be upset because I'm sure Luke will be very happy that he's gonna be a father. He's gonna stick around, I promise." She finishes by giving me a pat on the shoulder.

We get to the cafe and order. I pay for them and get back in the car. I drive back home and we walk in.

"Lemonade? You usually get coffee." Luke asks.

"Eh, I decided to change it up."

"Oh, well thanks for the lemonade." He says as he takes a couple sips.

I made up my mind and I'm gonna tell him tomorrow.

I think it's pretty clever what my plan is. Hopefully he takes it well. I think he will though.

We didn't really do anything today. After Flynn left, Luke and I just sat on the couch and watched movies all day.

I felt very sleepy at 8 so I just went to bed. Luke stayed up a little later. Then he came up.

It's the day I tell Luke. And I'm nervous, but I'm confident.

This morning Luke wakes me up and tells me he wants to go to the park today. So Nova can get to see other dogs.

So after breakfast we take Nova to the park and let her roam around in the fenced area while Luke and I are walking together.

Okay, I'm gonna tell him now.

"Hey Luke." He looks at me.

"Happy Father's Day." I say.

"But I'm not a—" He realizes what I'm trying to say and then immediately picks me up and kisses me.

"You're pregnant?!" He asks.

"Yeah, babe. We're having a baby." I say with a smile.

"I've always wanted to be a father. Wow..." He says with a tear dripping down his face.

"I'm so happy that you didn't freak out. I didn't know how you were going to react..." I say with a tear now dripping down my face. I look away, wiping away a tear.

"Hey, look at me. I cry with you, I laugh with you, I play instruments with you, I sing with you, I can raise a baby with you. I'm not backing out, I would never. I love you, Julie. I'd do anything for you. Don't ever think that I would leave you. Because it's not happening in my book." He says.

He pulls me into a hug and kisses my head. I smile, then pull away.

I kneel in front of her and place a kiss on her stomach. She giggles and pulls me up to kiss me.

"We should probably go get Nova, shouldn't we?" He says.

"Yeah." I say, then he grabs my hand and we walk over to the dog area.

Nova is running around with another dog. She's having the time of her life.

"Nova!" I yell. She runs towards me.

"Good girl, Nova." Luke says, petting her.

I put the leash on her and we walk her back to the house.

"Let's not tell our parents just yet." I say.

"Agreed."

"But I kind of wanna tell the boys that they are gonna be uncles." He asks.

"Well Flynn already knows, so I think friends can know. I'll tell Carrie and Kayla and we can tell the boys at practice tonight?" I say.

Luke nods and kisses my hand, then gets up to make lunch.

I go down to Luke's music room and play the piano a little bit. Then he comes in and tells me that lunch is ready. I get up and go to the table and sit down next to him.

Sorry it took me so long to update. I've had the chapter done I just haven't posted it until today so yeah... thanks for over 1K reads by the way!!! I'm so happy that this book's readers are enjoying it. It's kind of a mess but ya know... whatever, right?

Liz <3