Three

"Park Seonghwa, why are you so late?" His father asks him, glaring at him. "You don't take this family business serious at all, do you?"

"It's not that, father. Something important came up, I'm sorry." He apologizes. "It won't happen again, I promise."

"It better not happen again." He glares at him and Seonghwa nods.

His father is the CEO of a smartphone company and has told Seonghwa several times that he's going to be the future CEO, which is why Seonghwa had to start working in his company as soon as he graduated from high school.

"By the way, I hope you haven't forgotten about the date tomorrow." His father reminds him. "You have to go on a date with the son of our rival company. The plan is for you to marry him so we can merge our businesses. It's better to have a partner instead of an enemy, right?"

"I understand, father." Seonghwa nods. "I'll marry him." He tells him before walking out of his father's office.

Even though Seonghwa's 22 years old, he still listens to his father all the time since he's a really scary man. It's better not to get on his bad side.

He obviously never imagined he'd have to marry someone he barely even knows, but as long as he doesn't get on his fathers bad side, it's okay.

-

After work, Seonghwa decided to go out for a walk with his best friend San.

"So you're really going to marry someone you haven't even met yet?" San asks him. "You two haven't even met but your weddings already decided?"

"Yeah... tomorrow's our first date. I have to marry him if I don't want to get on my fathers bad side. You know how scary he is."

"Yeah, I know. The look on his face always scares me." He cringes, remembering how scary he always looks. "Well... since you have to look good for your date so you don't get dumped, I'll come over tomorrow to help you get ready."

"There's really no need for that, but sure." Seonghwa shrugs and accidentally drops his phone.

When he picks it up, he sees the screen cracked and San raises his eyebrow.

"This is like the third phone you've broken this month."

"You know I'm really clumsy." Seonghwa looks down at his phone. "But I think only the screen protector broke. It should be fine."

He's about to walk away, but is stopped when he sees a little girl standing by a jewelry stand.

"Mommy! I want that necklace!" She tells her mom as she points at the necklace. "Can you buy it for me please?"

"Sweetie, you know we don't really have the money." Her mother tells her. "I barely had money for the food we got."

"Okay, mommy." She just nods and is about to walk away.

"Here, you can take it." The guy behind the jewelry stand hands her the necklace.

"Wh-what? No, you don't have to." Her mother tells him.

"It's okay, I made it anyway." He tells her and smiles. "Here."

The mother takes the necklace from him and puts it on her daughter.

"Thank you so much! It's so pretty!" The little girl smiles at him and he waves at her as she walks away. Seonghwa smiles at the guys kind gesture.

The guy looks towards his direction, which makes Seonghwa quickly turn away. Neither of them were really able to see each other's faces since Seonghwa turned away so quickly.

"What are you looking at?" San asks, confused, as he catches up to him.

"Nothing." He starts pushing San towards the other way.

Seonghwa turns around but sees the guy's looking another way.

-

"Kim Hongjoong! Why would you give out the necklace for free?" His mother scolds him. "That was worth at least $20 and you just gave it out for free!"

"I can just make another one, mom. The girl looked so happy when I gave it to her." Hongjoong tells her. "It reminded me of my brother and how happy he gets when I buy him something."

"But that money could've been used for your brothers medication." She sighs. "You know we need the money."

"Don't worry, mom. We'll get the money, I promise." Hongjoong gives her a small smile. Yeosang's paying him to go on that blind date, so money for his brothers medicine won't be the problem anymore for now.

__________

The date starts on the next chapter <3
Should I post it today? 🤔