Forty

~Days Later~

These have been the hardest days for Yeosang. He lost his father and his brother is in jail for something he didn't do. All while the one who actually killed his father is out there committing more crimes.

San has been there with him, not leaving his side for even a second. It makes Yeosang feel bad since he's been acting really cold with him.

It's obviously not San's fault, but Yeosang has been having the worst days of his life and doesn't know how to take it all in. He really feels like his whole world came crashing down on him.

Yeosang wants to get Mingi out of jail, but how the hell is he supposed to do that when Mr. Park got rid of all the evidence that could be used against him? It just so happened that the footage where he went into his house was deleted and only the one where Mingi is seen wasn't deleted. 

As Yeosang is laying down on his bed after he had been asleep all day, he turns to see San is next to him. He's sitting on a chair and has his head resting on the bed.

Yeosang frowns, feeling bad for him. He hates that San has to see him like this. He also hates that he's been so mean to San these days. All he has tried to do was be there for him and be the shoulder Yeosang can cry on.

But he really can't help it. Too much has happened to him lately and he's scared of losing San too. He's scared of getting more attached to him and then losing him.

Mr. Park absolutely hates him, so Yeosang is scared of showing just how much he cares about San. He would never forgive himself if something bad happened to him.

"Oh, you're awake?" San sits up on the chair and smiles at him as he stretches.

Yeosang really can't believe someone as kind as San exists in this world. In this world full of violence and evil. All Yeosang has been doing lately is sleeping all day, showering, sometimes eating, and then sleeping again.

He barely gets up from bed and he can't believe San hasn't gotten tired of this.

"I'll go cook something for you, okay?" San quickly stands up and walks towards the door.

"Just go home." Yeosang tells him, making San stop walking.

"What? Why?" He turns around.

"I'm not hungry so just leave me alone."

"I'll go cook something right now so you can eat later. You might get hungry, plus you have to eat."

"I said I'm not hungry." Yeosang repeats. "Leave."

San feels his heart break but doesn't move. He knows it must be so hard for Yeosang so he knows he has to be patient with him. And he knows he can't leave him alone. He won't leave his side until he knows he's okay.

"No, I'm not leaving." He walks towards him. "Whether you like it or not, I'm staying. You need someone."

Yeosang just looks down, not making eye contact with him. He feels his eyes watering and tries holding his tears back. San reaches for his hands and takes them in his.

"I know this must be so hard for you." San tells him. "Trust me, I know what that feels like. Which is why I want you to know that I'm not leaving your side, okay? I've gone through this too and I know the thoughts that can possibly come up in your mind. I'm not leaving you alone. I can't lose you, Yeo. Do you know just how important you've become to me?"

Yeosang just stays quiet as he feels the first few tears roll down his face. "I know this might not be the right time to bring it up, but I really like you, Yeo. I just want you to know that you're loved and have people around you who strongly care about you. You have Mingi, you have Hongjoong, you have Seonghwa, and that other friend of yours. Was Wooyoung his name?"He starts. "You even have... Jongho even though I don't like him.." He mumbles. "And you have... me."

Yeosang finally looks up at him and their eyes meet. San feels his heart break just seeing the sad look in Yeosang's eyes.

Yeosang can't help but fall more and more for him. He's really been there for him when he needed him the most and has shown just how much he cares about him.

"B-but what do you mean you've gone through this?" Yeosang asks him.

San stays quiet for a while, not really wanting to talk about it, but he brought it up first anyway. "When I was younger, my mom was killed... And until this day, I don't know who did it."

"I'm so sorry. That must've been so hard for you."

"I was so young, but I started hating my life after she passed. So I know exactly how you feel. No one was really there for me other than my dad. I hadn't met Seonghwa and I really didn't have friends before him... So I know how it feels like to be alone during these moments and it's terrible. Which is why I refuse to leave your side."

"Wh-why are you so good to me? I've been so mean to you these past few days."

"Because I know how you feel. I was like this back then too. My dad was always there for me and yet I'd always push him away and wanted to be alone. But still, being alone make things worse." San tells him.

Yeosang starts sobbing and San immediately pulls him into a hug. "I'll make Mr. Park pay for everything he's done to you. I promise I will." He kisses his forehead. 'Even if I have to kill him.'

A/N: I have just started a new story called 'Be With You' so check it out if you'd like. The ships are Seongsang, Yunsan, and Sanhwa!