Twenty-Nine

Seonghwa doesn't think twice before pulling Hongjoong in for a kiss again. "I-I love you too." He says in between kisses. 

He didn't ever think hearing those words would make him this happy, but they did.

Hongjoong pulls away from the kiss after a while and looks up at Seonghwa with watery eyes. "I know we already broke up, but I don't want this to be the end." He tells him. "I'm more afraid of not being with you than of what your father could do to me."

"I can't let anything bad happen to you, Hongjoong." Seonghwa shakes his head. "I'm sorry, but we can't be together."

"Well, too bad... because I'm not leaving your side." He shakes his head. "So you should find a way for us to be together... because I'm not going to give up on you." He sits down on the couch.

Seonghwa looks at him for a while and finds himself smiling. "Okay, I'll find a way." He nods.

"By the way, what's going on with San and Yeosang?" Hongjoong gives him a confused look.

"They're apparently dating." Seonghwa tells him. "Love at first sight."

"Really?" Hongjoong asks surprised. "That was unexpected, but I'm happy for them." He smiles. "No wonder San looked kind of annoyed earlier."

"Yeah." Seonghwa wraps his arms around him as they're both sitting on the couch.

"Do you want to know a little secret?" Hongjoong leans in a little closer to him. "I made that necklace you're wearing."

"What? Really?" Seonghwa looks down at his necklace. "Oh, right! I bought it from your moms jewelry stand, but I never thought you had made it. Wow, Joong. It's beautiful." He gives him a thumbs up and smiles. "I never take it off... and now that I know you made it, it's extra special to me."

Hongjoong looks down and can't help but smile. Seonghwa complimenting the necklace he made makes him happy.

"Do you want to stay over?" Seonghwa asks him, catching Hongjoong by surprise. He stands up and walks over to his suitcase.

"Huh?"

"Here." Seonghwa throws him a black t-shirt and some sweatpants, then takes some clothes for himself. "You look really handsome as always, Joong, but those clothes look uncomfortable." He tells him as Hongjoong feels his face heat up. "You can change here, okay? I'll change in the room."

Once Seonghwa changes, he comes back to the living room and sees Hongjoong's wearing the clothes he gave him. He sits down next to him on the couch and wraps his arms around him.

"Come here." Seonghwa lays down on the couch and pulls Hongjoong with him. "I want to cuddle." He wraps his arms around him and rests his head on his chest.

Hongjoong can't help but feel scared. Being here with Seonghwa has him feeling so happy right now, but he knows Seonghwa's father won't sit still if he finds out they're still together.

But for now, he just wants to forget about that and be happy.

"What are you thinking about?" Seonghwa turns to look at him.

"How happy I am." Hongjoong looks down at him and smiles.

Seonghwa smiles back and lays his head down on his chest again as they both end up falling asleep.

-

"Why are you hitting him?!" Seonghwa yells at his father and rushes towards his brothers side.

He had come back to his father's house for all his belongings but saw him slap Seongyoon in the face, making him fall.

"Because he's a little useless piece of shit!" His father yells at him. "Can't do me a simple favor!"

"And I'm sure it's for a reason." Seonghwa nods. "Because the favors you ask are never good!"

Seonghwa turns to Seongyoon and sees his cheek is red from the slap.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Seonghwa stands up and yells at his father.

"How dare you yell at me, Park Seonghwa!" His father yells back at him and is about to slap him but Seonghwa grabs his arm.

"Don't fucking mess with the people I love or you'll seriously regret it!" He warns him.

He knows he and Yeosang had a plan to be on his good side, but he can't take it anymore. He's had enough.

"Wow, son... I had never seen you this angry." He smirks. "You're just like me."

"Don't you ever compare me to yourself." Seonghwa mumbles and let's go of his arm. "Seongyoon, go to your room and lock the door."

Seongyoon quickly stands up and rushes to his room.

"What did you ask him to do?"

"Oh, nothing serious." His father sits down on the couch. "Does Hongseok sound familiar?"

"What the hell did you ask him to do?!"

"Have you heard he has a heart condition?" He laughs. "Poor boy." He says sarcastically. "I just told Seongyoon to do him a favor and take his medication away. He's going to die anyway."

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Seonghwa grabs him by the collar of his shirt as his eyes fill with anger. At this point, he's not even scared of him, he just wants him gone once and for all. "I will fucking kill you!" He starts punching him as hard as he can but is stopped by his fathers guards.

"You thought it was this easy to get rid of me?" He smirks and touches his lip, which is bleeding. "Wow, I can't believe you really just tried to kill your father."

"My father? You're a monster, that's what you are!"

"The look in your eyes..." His father looks at him. "Is exactly like the look on mine. It looks like you'll end up being just like me."