Thirty-Nine

Yeosang slowly opens his eyes and looks around the unfamiliar room, realizing he's at the hospital. Once realization hits, he quickly sits up on the bed and is about to stand up, but San stops him.

"San, let me go!" Yeosang cries and tries getting up.

"Yeo, you fainted on the sidewalk. I can't let you go like this. Please wait a little more."

"Wh-where's my dad?" He looks around. He will not believe his father is dead. There's no way. He's alive and he'll come to the hospital in no time. "Where is he?!"

"Yeo, he-"

Yeosang quickly turns to the tv when he hears Mingi's name.

"Mr. Kang's youngest son, Mingi, has been arrested for the murder of his father. It is believed he killed him since he was the only one with Mr. Kang during his last moments. His fingerprints were also found on the knife."

"Wh-what?" Yeosang stands up and walks towards the tv.

"Turn that off!" San yells and catches up to Yeosang. But by the time the tv is turned off, Yeosang has already seen everything.

-

After another failed attempt of Seonghwa trying to get his father locked up, he walks back to Hongjoong's house, hoping he's home.

Just as he's about to get to his house, he sees Hongjoong walking the opposite direction.

Hongjoong stops walking and looks at Seonghwa with sad eyes, before ignoring him and unlocking the door to his house.

"Hongjoong!" Seonghwa rushes over to him and stops him from closing the door. "I'm so glad you're okay! I was so worried! Did he do something to you?!" He turns him around and looks at him but sees no bruises on his face.

"Who?"

"My father..." Seonghwa tells him. "San called me and said Yeosang had bruises and-"

"Let's stop this."

"Wh-what?" Seonghwa asks him, not wanting to believe what he heard. "Hongjoong-"

"Today I realized what a monster your father is. I really didn't think he was this bad. I know that in the past I had said I was more scared of losing you than whatever he could do to me, but that's because I had no idea what kind of monster he was." Hongjoong tells him. "I really don't care what happens to me, but now I see that the ones he's messing with are the people I love. I-I don't want my family or friends to pay for this. I'm not going to risk their lives for these stupid feelings of mine that might be temporary."

"H-Hongjoong... I-I know you're scared... and so am I, but please don't do this."

"Yeosang's father died because of me. Yeosang now has to go through the pain of losing his father and seeing his brother locked up because he chose to help us! It's all my fault, Seonghwa! If I would've just stopped being so selfish and only thinking about my feelings, this wouldn't be happening!"

"Hongjoong, please don't leave me. I'm really scared too. I don't know what to do. I've gone to the police station to tell them what my father has done. I went so many times and they don't believe me since I don't have proof! I know you think he will stop if you get away from me, but do you really believe that?"

Hongjoong thinks about it for a while as tears roll down his face. He looks down, not knowing what to do.

"Hongjoong..." Seonghwa pulls him in for a hug and rests his head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry for putting you through all this. I'm sorry."

A/N: hellooo! It's been such a long time but here's another update! Finally!!! I will be updating this story more often. Thanks for reading <3