Twenty-Five

"Why did you call me?" Seonghwa asks his father once he gets to his office.

"Well... since you and Yeosang are getting engaged soon, Mr.Kang and I thought it was a good idea for you two to move in together."

"What?!"

"We already bought you an apartment and you'll be moving in together in a few days... right after the engagement."

"You mean... you hadn't even talked to me about it and you already bought us an apartment?!" Seonghwa yells at him. "I'm not going anywhere!"

"I thought you said you were okay with this engagement." He raises an eyebrow. "Or have you forgotten what I'm capable of?"

"I'm not a kid anymore and I can make decisions for myself! I'm not moving in with him."

"So then... Kim Hongjoong..."

"Wh-what?" Seonghwa's eyes widen. "H-how do you know him?"

"He'll have to suffer the consequences if you don't listen to me." He grabs Seonghwa by his hair. "That nightmare you have every night... do you want your new nightmare to be about Hongjoong?" He smirks. "So you're getting engaged and moving in with Yeosang and that's final."

At this point, Seonghwa's eyes are watery and he's trying to stop the tears from falling.

'There will be a day when I'll find proof and destroy you.' Seonghwa thinks to himself as his eyes are filled with anger.

"So... do you accept or must I scare you a little more?" He raises an eyebrow. "You know... I overheard somewhere that Logan came to Korea." He smirks and Seonghwa's eyes widen, but he pretends he doesn't know.

"What are you talking about? Why are you telling me this? I don't care about him anymore. I broke up with him years ago."

"You know... I didn't want you to marry that bastard, but now it turns out he has money. Shouldn't you thank me for finally accepting your relationship with him? Why are you being so ungrateful?"

"Wh-what are you-"

"Do you think I'm an idiot? Did you really think you'd be able to hide this from me? I know that Logan... is Yeosang. And I won't hesitate to hurt both of them if you disobey me."

-

"Hey, did something happen with Seonghwa and Hongjoong?" Seongyoon asks Hongseok as they're talking on the phone.

"No, why do you ask?"

"Well... first of all, Seonghwa didn't pick us up from school like he usually does. And right now he's throwing things in his room. He must be really mad over something but I'm scared to go check."

"Hongjoong seems fine." Hongseok turns to look at Hongjoong who's in the kitchen. "He's smiling and all."

"Oh, okay. I guess it's not because of him then. I'll talk to you later." He hangs up.

Hongjoong gives Hongseok a confused look. "Was that Seongyoon?"

"Yeah..." He nods. "He said Seonghwa's in a bad mood."

"What do you mean?" Hongjoong sits down next to him.

"He's throwing things in his room and Seongyoon is too scared to go check up on him. He thought you two had problems and that's why he was like this."

Hongjoong immediately frowns at the thought of something bothering Seonghwa. "I'll call him." He takes his phone out and calls him, but it seems like his phone is turned off. "His phone is off."

"Joong, why don't you call Yeosang? Maybe he knows something." Hongseok tells him after a while.

"You're right." Hongjoong quickly calls Yeosang and he answers.

"Oh, hey Joongie."

"Hey, Yeo. What are you doing?"

"Oh..." Yeosang stays quiet for a while. "I'm on my way Seonghwa's house. Mr.Park wants to talk to me."

"Oh..." Hongjoong just nods. "I heard Seonghwa's in a bad mood... do you maybe know why?"

"His father is a monster, Joong. Please be careful." Yeosang sighs. "He's making us get engaged and move in together."

"Wh-what?"

"W-we'll find a way to stop it, okay? I'll talk to Seonghwa later. But for now, please be careful. Mr.Park can't find out about you and Seonghwa, okay?"

Hongjoong feels his heart beating faster in fear. He doesn't even know Seonghwa's father, but by what he's been told, he's scary.

-

"So Yeosang... I'm not sure if you and your father had talked earlier, but we both decided to have you two move in together as soon as possible." Mr.Park tells him.

"Oh... yeah, he told me." Yeosang nods.

"Are you okay with it?" He asks him and Yeosang looks over at Seonghwa but then back at Mr.Park.

"Yeah." He lies.

It's better not to get on his bad side for now. He and Seonghwa will eventually come up with a plan, but for now they shouldn't do anything to anger Mr.Park.

"Perfect. You two can move in after your engagement ceremony this weekend."

"This weekend?" Yeosang asks, not being able to hide his surprised reaction.

"What? Are you backing out?"

"No, no." He shakes his head. "It's just that my father hadn't told me it was this soon."

"Alright... make sure to invite all your friends. Your engagement ceremony is this weekend."

-

Once Seonghwa and Yeosang are in his room, they both stay silent for a while. Yeosang looks down and sighs. "Can we really do something to stop this?" He asks him and Seonghwa bursts into tears, taking Yeosang by surprise.

When they were together, he barely cried, but now it seems like he cries a lot lately. "What's wrong?" He asks, worriedly. "Well, other than the fact your father is forcing us into this... but don't worry, Hwa. We can think of something, right?"

"Y-yeosang... h-he knows about Hongjoong."

"Wh-what?!" Yeosang's eyes widen. "H-how did he-"

"I don't know..." He wipes his tears away. "But he's threatening me and saying he'll do something bad to him if I don't do what he says." He looks down. "H-he... I don't know how, but he also found out you're Logan."

Yeosang feels his heart beating faster than ever in fear. He knows Seonghwa's father won't hesitate to hurt him if he does something to anger him. But he tries hiding his shocked expression, not wanting to worry Seonghwa more.

"I-I guess he was going to find out someday."

"Yeo, I'm scared." Seonghwa looks up at him with tears in his eyes. "He threatened to hurt Joong." He sobs.

Yeosang pulls him in for a hug as Seonghwa cries into his chest. Yeosang also feels his eyes watering and tears threatening to spill. Of course Seonghwa's more worried about what could happen to Hongjoong than what could happen to him. He should've expected it, but it still hurts.

"Don't worry, Hwa. We'll find a way, okay? For now I think it's best to do what he says. Let's get engaged and move in together, okay? We can come up with a plan."

"Y-yeo, please help me." Seonghwa looks up at him begging him for help. "I-I don't know what to do anymore, p-please help me."

"Seonghwa, why? What's wrong?" Yeosang asks, worriedly as Seonghwa starts shaking in fear and sobs.

"Wh-when I was little... I saw something. I saw something and that's why I've always been afraid of my father. Th-that's why I always do what he asks me to do and never get on his bad side. That's why I always have nightmares every night."

"Wh-what did you see?" Yeosang asks, scared of what he's going to say.

"Y-yeo... h-he killed someone."