Forty-Four

"S-seonghwa?" San picks it up as his hands starts shaking and his voice cracks. "Wh-what's this doing here?"

Seonghwa takes the paper from him and looks down in shock as he reads what's on it. Written on the paper is San's name, along with both of his parents names.

Mr. Park's name is written on it.

"W-we're brothers?" They say in unison.

"What? No there's no way, right?" San shakes his head, not believing this.

But it's true... they also end up finding Seonghwa's birth certificate, which proves they are half brothers.

And they were both so shocked at the news that they hadn't realized Hongjoong had been pulled out of the room and there was now someone else inside.

"Looks like you two found out." They hear a voice, which startles them. The lights end up turning on and they see Mr. Park. "You thought I wouldn't know you two were here? I have cameras all over the house and can check on my phone. Did you think I didn't know?"

"I- I thought you we're on a business trip." Seonghwa tells him.

"I was..." He nods. "But then I saw Yeosang trying to break into my house, so I came back as soon as possible."

"Wh-what's this?" San holds his birth certificate. "Tell me this isn't true!"

"What? You're disappointed that I'm your father?" He smirks. "Well, it's not something you can change."

"How is this possible? This can't be true." San shakes his head and feels his eyes watering. "No, you can't be my father. You're not."

"Your mother was a nobody." Mr. Park starts. "She was just a maid and thought she had a chance with me." He laughs. "She got pregnant just so I'd take care of her and her child. A child I never asked for. And even after getting married to that stupid loser you call your father, she'd still come here to beg for money. Didn't she think I'd get tired of her after a while? She got what she deserved."

"Wh-what?" San's eyes widen. "Y-you-"

"Yeah, I got rid of her." He smirks. "Your father knew about this but what could he do? Who would believe a nobody over a businessman like me? He begged me to not hurt you and told me he didn't need my money. What a stupid idiot he is for loving another kid as if it's his own." He laughs.

"H-how could you?!" Seonghwa asks him. "So that woman... the nightmare... it was San's mom you killed?!"

"Surprise!" He walks over to them and snatches the birth certificate from San's hands. "I don't know why you're surprised. I always get rid of whoever's in my way. That's why I got rid of Kang and blamed his son Mingi." He laughs. "I can't believe the police really believed that!"

"You're sick!"

"But since you two know too much, I don't think I can let you go now." He shakes his head. "It's not like anyone would believe you, but I can't take that risk."

"Where's Hongjoong?!" Seonghwa looks around, realizing he's not there. "Where did you take him?!" He tries walking out of the office but is stopped by Mr. Park.

"Sir, I found him outside your office." One of his bodyguards walks in, grabbing Yeosang by his shirt.

"Y-Yeosang..." San can't believe he's there right now. "Let him go!" San tries walking towards him but is also stopped.

"Wow, it looks like we're going to kill two birds with one stone today." Mr. Park smirks. "Take him to where you took the other one."

"Yes, sir."

San feels tears in his eyes and instead of a sad look, Yeosang gives him a small smile.

"Yeosang! Yeosang!" San cries as he watches him being taken away.

"Such crybabies you two are." Mr. Park rolls his eyes. "So annoying."

"Have you ever loved someone?" San asks him. "Have you ever loved someone other than yourself? What the hell is wrong with you?! How are you human?! Why are you doing this?! What are you gaining from it?!

"There's no specific reason." He shrugs. "But wow, this is hilarious." He laughs. "Seonghwa's dating your ex-crush and you're dating his ex-boyfriend. Brothers really do like sharing."

"I don't see what's so funny about that!" Seonghwa yells at him. "Let Hongjoong and Yeosang go! They have nothing to do with this!"

"Oh really? So why are they here then? They were also clearly trying to find evidence to lock me up. Unluckily for all of you, I get rid of evidence really well. I leave no trace behind."

"What is wrong with you?!" Seonghwa feels his body start shaking and tries to make his way to the door, but he immediately falls to the ground when he hears a gunshot.

San stays still, his body not being able to move for a few seconds. He feels his whole world shatter as he thinks of all the possible things that could've just happened.

"Hongjoong!" Seonghwa stands up and rushes out of the room.