Eleven

As soon as Hongjoong gets to the restaurant for his and Seonghwa's second date the next day, he tries to hide his frown. He knows he has to get rejected this time, but for some reason, he doesn't want to... at least, not yet.

But he knows he has to. This was supposed to be a one time thing and he for sure knows that as soon as Seonghwa figures out he's not the real Yeosang and he's not rich, he won't want to be with him anyway.

He knows a relationship between them could never happen.

The reason Hongjoong even had to go on that first date was because Seonghwa and Yeosang's parents wanted to set them up since they're both wealthy.

And he wasn't even the one who was supposed to go on that date with him... it was Yeosang.

Hongjoong slowly walks towards the table Seonghwa's sitting at and sits across from him.

"Hi, Yeosang." Seonghwa smiles at him. "I'm glad you made it. I sent you the address last night, but you never answered my texts."

"Yeah, sorry about that." Hongjoong gives him a small smile. "I'm not too good when it comes to texting."

"Oh." Seonghwa just nods. "Well... these are for you." He hands him a bouquet of flowers.

"Oh, thank you. They're beautiful." Hongjoong looks down at them for a few seconds and then puts them on the chair beside him. 

"Are you okay?" Seonghwa asks him, noticing it looks like something's wrong.

"No, everything's fine." Hongjoong fakes a smile. "But I did want to talk to you about something." He tells him.

Last night Hongjoong had talked to Yeosang and he told him he 100% had to get rejected this time. Apparently, if Hongjoong keeps going on more dates with Seonghwa while pretending to be Yeosang, Yeosang's and Seonghwa's parents will make them marry each other.

"Why do you still want to go on dates with me? Our fathers are the ones that want to set us up, so why did you ask me out on another date?" Hongjoong asks him.

"Because I had fun last time." Seonghwa tells him. "You seem like a really good person that I'd like to get to know more. Plus... When we unexpectedly saw each other again last night, I was happy. I was able to talk to you about things I haven't talked about in so long." Seonghwa hides the part of him falling in love with him at first sight. He's afraid he'd be crossing the line and scaring him away.

-

After the date at the restaurant, they end up going for a walk at the park. Hongjoong knows he has to end things with him, but he can't bring himself to do so.

"Do you not want to get to know me?" Seonghwa asks him after a while that they're sitting on a bench.

"It's not that..."

"Then what? I know there's something wrong. I've noticed you've been lost in your thoughts all day."

"I just- I think we should stop seeing each other. I'll tell my dad that I was the one who rejected you and I'll be the one to get in trouble, so you don't have to worry about that."

"Did I do something wrong?" Seonghwa stands up as soon as Hongjoong stands up. "I promise I'm a decent guy. If you just get to know me-"

"Let's just stop... If your dad wants you to get married to someone rich so bad, I'm sure he'll be able to find someone else for you. My dad was mad at me when he set me up on this date, but he actually puts my happiness first and wouldn't force me to be with someone I don't want to be with."

"Does that mean you don't want to be with me?" Seonghwa asks sadly. "Yeosang... I know we only went on two dates, but... why? Did I not meet your expectations?"

Hongjoong just ignores him and takes the necklace off before handing it back to him. "I don't feel comfortable keeping this since it cost you so much... I have to go."

He turns around and walks away from him.

-

"What do you mean he dumped you?!" San asks Seonghwa in disbelief. "I thought he liked you back. Why did he agree to go on the second date with you?"

"I don't know either." Seonghwa sighs. "It had been four years since I had fallen for someone. I guess I just have to accept that I'm not good with relationships."

"Aww, don't say that. Why don't you try talking to him? Maybe go to his house and ask him if he really doesn't feel the same way?"

"You're right, San." Seonghwa smiles. "I won't give up on him... not so easily, at least. I'll go to his house tomorrow."

-

"Oh, hello Seonghwa." Hongseok's mother tells him when he gets to their house. "Hongseok overslept so he'll be a few minutes late. You can go and he'll just take the bus or something."

"No, it's okay. We can wait. It's still early anyway." Seonghwa looks down at his watch.

"Okay, but at least come in. It's a little cold today. I'll make some hot chocolate."

"Okay, thank you." Seonghwa gets out of the car and Seongyoon follows him.

They go into the house and Seonghwa and Seongyoon sit in the living room.

"Here's your hot chocolate." She gives both him and Seongyoon a mug.

"Thank you." They both thank her and take a sip.

"So how many kids do you have Mrs. Kim?" Seonghwa asks her curiously.

"Just two... Hongseok and Hongjoong." She tells him. "Hongjoong leaves the house pretty early though, so I don't think you'll get to meet him today either."

"Oh... well, that's unfortunate. Maybe next time."

Hongjoong's eyes widen when he hears Seonghwa in the living room and he quickly goes back upstairs to lock himself in his room.

"Hongseok, is that you?" His mother asks him.

"Huh?" Hongseok walks down the stairs.

"I think I heard someone." She tells him.

"No, I think Hongjoong's still in his room. Do I go bring him?"

"No, it's okay." Seonghwa stands up. "You'll be late to school. Come on." He smiles at him. "See you later, Mrs. Kim." He waves at her and walks towards the front door.

As he's walking out, he notices something strange.