Twelve

"It is rumored that Kang Yeosang, son of Kang Youngsik and Park Seonghwa, son of Park Sangwook are dating. It is believed that that there are are plans of engagement-"

"Wait... You're going to marry Kang Yeosang?" Mrs. Kim asks Seonghwa, which makes him turn away from the tv screen.

"You know him?"

"Yeah, he's my son's best friend. He comes over all the time." She tells him. "But I wonder why Hongjoong hadn't told me anything about it. This is huge news. You're getting engaged to him?"

"Nothing's official yet. We just started dating recently." Seonghwa tells her.

"Well, that's great. It seems like you two have so much in common. You're both really kindhearted." She tells him and Seonghwa smiles.

As Hongjoong's hiding behind the staircase, he frowns when he hears his mom saying all that. Sadly, she's right. Seonghwa and Yeosang do have so much in common.

They're both the type of person to put others before themselves, they're both rich and will become even more rich in the future.

Hongjoong knows he could never be with someone like Seonghwa. By what Seonghwa has told him, his father would never let him be with someone with way less money than him.

"Well, Seongyoon and Hongseok are going to be late to school so we should get going." Seonghwa tells her.

"Yeah, you're right." Mrs. Kim turns to Hongseok and gives him a hug. "Have a good day at school, okay?"

"Okay, mom. See you later." Hongseok smiles at her and rushes out of the front door as Seongyoon and Seonghwa follow behind him.

As soon as they leave, Hongjoong gets out of his hiding spot and pretends he's just now walking down the stairs.

"Good morning, mom." He says to her and quickly rushes towards the front door since he's going to be late for work if he doesn't leave right away.

"Good morning." She says to him. "I thought you had left already."

"Yeah, well I'm going to be late so I should get going." He tells her before walking out of the door.

He walks slowly, afraid Seonghwa might still be parked outside his house. He knows he should've waited a little longer before coming out, but if he doesn't get on the bus right now, he'll be late.

-

Once Hongjoong gets to work, he notices he's exactly five minutes late.

"I'm so sorry for being late." He apologizes to his co-worker. "It won't happen again."

"Don't worry, it's fine." Yunho, his co-worker tells him. "It was just five minutes and barely any people have showed up."

Hongjoong tries catching his breath and gets behind the cash register.

"But I heard we have a new co-worker." Yunho tells him. "He'll probably get here in a few minutes."

"A new co-worker?" Hongjoong looks around and is startled when he sees someone rush into the store.

"I'm not late, am I?" The guy tries catching his breath. "Sorry... I'm Choi San." He looks up at them and gives them a small smile.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Jeong Yunho and this is Kim Hongjoong." He tells him. "Have you worked as a cashier before?"

"No, this is actually my first time. I used to work at my father's business but it's not doing too well lately."

"Oh, sorry about that."

"But please teach me everything you know. I learn pretty quickly."

-

"Hey Yeosang, long time no see." Yeosang is interrupted from his thoughts when he sees two friends from back in  high school he hadn't seen in a while.

"Oh, hey guys. How've you been?" He smiles at them and pulls them in for a hug.

"We've been good, but why does it seem like you forgot about us?" Jongho frowns.

"Yeah, I can't believe I had to find out about your engagement through the news." Wooyoung tells him.

"Engagement? News?" Yeosang asks, confused. "What do you mean?"

"I was watching the tv and all of a sudden they said you're dating some guy and there's engagement plans."

"I know we hadn't talked in a while, but I thought we had agreed to share important information with each other. We were best friends in high school after all." Jongho tells him.

"Yeah, I know... I promise I'll text you guys, okay? I have to go." He quickly walks out of the coffee shop and takes his phone out. "Articles? What articles?" He searches his name up and his eyes widen when he sees them.

"I'm getting engaged... to Park Seonghwa?"

___________________

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter <3

Thanks for reading!