Four

"Okay, perfect! You look so cute, Hongjoong!" Yeosang tells him as soon as he's done getting dressed.

They had spent around half an hour trying to find some clothes of Yeosang that Hongjoong could wear since Yeosang has so many clothes.

"I had never wore something so expensive." Hongjoong looks down at his outfit. "And why couldn't I just wear some other clothes? Didn't you say I have to get rejected? Shouldn't I look bad?"

"Well, you have to wear nice clothes because you're Kang Yeosang for the day." He tells him. "You need to act like me and the guy has to believe you're really me. For that, you have to dress how I'd dress for the date."

"So this guy is also rich, right?" Hongjoong asks him and Yeosang nods.

"His father is the CEO of my father's rival company."

"Okay, so all I need to do is go get rejected, right?" Hongjoong takes a deep breath. "I'll try my best."

"By the way... here." Yeosang takes an envelope from his nightstand and hands it to Hongjoong.

"What's this?" Hongjoong takes it and opens it to see money. "W-wait, this is a little too much, don't you think?"

"Nope, not at all. You're doing me a favor, so this is the least that I could do."

"Thank you, Yeosang." Hongjoong smiles at him. "Then... I should get going." He tells him and Yeosang nods.

"Let's get rejected, Kim Hongjoong."

"Yes, sir!" Hongjoong smiles and takes Yeosang's backpack before he and Yeosang walk out of his room.

As they're walking downstairs, they see Yeosang's brother, Mingi.

"Oh hey, Hongjoong." Mingi smiles at him and notices he's wearing different clothes from what he usually wears, which makes Hongjoong's eyes widen. "Where are you two going?"

"Oh- I-" Hongjoong starts, not knowing what to say.

"I'm going on the blind date dad is making me go to." Yeosang tells Mingi. "And Hongjoong here also has a date."

Yeosang had also dressed himself in fancier clothes just in case someone caught him leaving the house.

"Really? You also have a date?" Mingi asks Hongjoong and he nods. Mingi looks at them suspiciously, but shrugs it off. "Well, good luck on your dates then."

"Thanks, big bro." Yeosang gives him a nervous smile and pats his back.

"We'll get going then." Hongjoong tells Mingi and says goodbye before he and Yeosang walk out of the house.

"That was close." Yeosang sighs in relief. "Wow, I'm glad I decided to dress like this just in case someone saw me."

"Here." Hongjoong takes his backpack off and hands it to Yeosang.

It has Yeosang's casual clothes in it so he can change later, but he told Hongjoong to carry it so no one would ask anything.

"I'll see you later, Hongjoong. Good luck on your date. Let me know how it goes." He tells him and Hongjoong nods before walking away from him.

-

When Hongjoong gets to the fancy restaurant, he feels so out of place but tries to hide it. This guy he's going to meet can't find out he's not the real Kang Yeosang.

"Hi, I made a reservation for 5:30." Hongjoong tells the waitress and she points at a table at the center of the restaurant. "Thank you."

He takes a deep breath and makes his way towards the table. The guys back is turned to him so he can't see his face. Once he reaches the table, he quickly takes a seat across from him.

"Hi, I'm Kang Yeosang." Hongjoong smiles at him, introducing himself.

He feels guilty to even lie about his name, but this is what he has to do.

"Oh, hey." The guy looks at him for a little longer than usual, which makes a confused look appear on Hongjoong's face. "Nice to meet you. I'm Park Seonghwa."

Seonghwa smiles at him and notices that this Yeosang guy seems familiar, but he doesn't remember where he saw him before.

Hongjoong pretends he's going to take something out of his pocket. It's better if he just gets rejected as soon as possible. He hates going on dates. He had actually never gone on a date before.

Dating just didn't seem like his thing and he actually never expected that his first date would be about lying to his 'date' about his identity.

"Oh dang it..." Hongjoong fakes a sigh. "I forgot my wallet."

"That's okay, I wasn't going to let you pay anyway."

"But you see... I have a big appetite, so you'd have to buy me at least three meals." Hongjoong tells him, wanting to get rejected as soon as possible.

But of course, he underestimated the rich.

"That's fine. Order whatever you want." Seonghwa tells him.

"Are you sure? I like ordering dessert as well and-"

"Why does it sound like you're trying to make me reject you?" Seonghwa raises an eyebrow.

'Damn it. Damn it. Damn it.' Hongjoong thinks. 'He caught on.'

"Oh, nothing like that." Hongjoong shakes his head and laughs. "I was just letting you know beforehand. We could've just left the date for some other day or something. I would've paid."

"Then how about this..." Seonghwa starts. "You'll pay next time."

"N-next time?"