Thirty-Five

"Why isn't Yeosang answering?" Hongjoong tries calling him again, but he doesn't answer.

"I think he was going to hang out with San." Seonghwa tells him.

"Oh." Hongjoong nods. "He doesn't tell me much about his relationship with San. I wonder how it's going."

"I'm sure it's fine." Seonghwa gives him a small smile. "And I'm sure they're okay, so don't worry about it. Why don't we watch some movies and cuddle?"

"Okay." Hongjoong agrees.

"You can pick the movie." Seonghwa hands him the remote. "I'll go make some popcorn, okay?" He walks into the kitchen and starts making some popcorn.

As he's waiting for them to be ready, he tries calling San, but he doesn't answer either. "Why aren't they answering?" He mumbles, starting to get a little worried.

When the popcorn is finally ready, he goes back to the living room and puts the bowl and the drinks on the coffee table. He sees Hongjoong's too busy picking the movie, so he quickly turns the camera off and sits down next to him. It's not like he needs the camera right now. He only bought it for when Seongyoon and Yeosang are home alone, since that's most likely when his father will show up.

"Are you sure your mom has no problem taking care of Seongyoon?"

"Yeah, of course not. It's okay. Plus, it's better for Hongseok since he's not alone anymore."

"Well, okay... I'm just afraid my father will come here and do something to him. I'm not here most of the time, so it worries me."

"My mom said it's fine, so don't worry." Hongjoong reaches for the bowl of popcorn and takes one, then puts it in Seonghwa's mouth.

Hongjoong admits he's a little scared. Everything might seem calm right now, but he for sure knows Seonghwa's father won't sit still.

He hates to think about it, but he knows that as long as Seonghwa's father is free, he won't sit still and let them be happy.

-

Once San and Yeosang get to San's house, Yeosang helps him lay down on the bed.

"Do you always get like this when you drink?" Yeosang mumbles. "Well, you're home now so... bye." He turns around and is about to walk away, but he feels San take his hand.

"Don't go." San mumbles and pulls him down with him on the bed.

"S-san... what are you doing?"

"Just stay with me like this, please." He sighs. "I don't want to be alone."

"Alone? What about your dad?"

"He's never home. Please stay with me." San wraps his arms around him as Yeosang's on top of him and he ends up falling asleep.

"San, I-"

He tries getting up, but he can't, so he just lays his head down on San's chest and sighs.

-

Yeosang gets to his apartment at around 5am with the most sad look on his face. He's so lost in his thoughts that he doesn't notice Seonghwa and Hongjoong were sleeping on the couch.

"Yeosang?" He hears someone whisper, which interrupts his thoughts.

"Huh?" He turns to see Seonghwa slowly stand up.

"Were you with San?"

"Yeah... it's late so I'm going to bed." He walks away from him and into his room, not in the mood to talk to anyone.